Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Sheva_

Carenado Cessna 152 II paintkit

Guest _Sheva_

Hello, Im trying to create repaint for the beautiful Carenado Cessna 152. The left side is OK, but when I look on the right side....it looks like the screen. Do you know what is wrong? Or if there is some PSD paintkit available because this one from carenado is BMP only.77237028.jpgThank you

Hello, Im trying to create repaint for the beautiful Carenado Cessna 152. The left side is OK, but when I look on the right side....it looks like the screen. Do you know what is wrong? Or if there is some PSD paintkit available because this one from carenado is BMP only.Thank you
The registration is to big.There is just one fuselage-side to be painted with the registration in a small rectangle.This single fuselage texture is used for BOTH sides of the fuse , giving mirrored text.There must be another separate rectangle to fill in the missing reg. for the other side.How to find this part of the texture?Here you may find the solution.http://www.dutchfs.com/crew/leen/antwoord/fsrepaint2.jpgUse FSRepaint (Demo will do ) draw a line from a corner and move it till it hits the problematic spot.Draw a line from another corner till it crosses the other line.The spot where the two lines cross eachother is the spot to be edited.Good luckLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest _Sheva_

Well, solved the registration. On the right side there is a special rectangular fot it. But. there is only on side of fuselage to be paint. And it doesnt mirror the text. So on the right side the text is wrong. What can i do?

Guest H_Kev55

The box in the lower left of the template is for the right side reg.The easy way to find them is to paint with different colors then see where they show up.A little work on your part and you'll soon find out what we've all had to work for.

Guest _Sheva_

And what do I have to do when there is only left fuselage for painting? Because if there is a text on it it doesnt mirror on the right side...:(

@ sheva ,I have recently begun to do some repaints for this model and of course came across the same problem(s) .Here are a couple of screenshots showing where to place the registration on the aircraft as the rectangle ( for the mirrored side - on the second screen ) is larger than the real area you can use .92321619.jpg49783406.jpgI also noticed in your screenshot that you had text on the " spine " ( from the tail along the top of the fuselage ) , this area is also shown once so you cannot place any text there either . This was for me bad news , as I was intending to make several Austrailian repaints as a thank you to the guys at VOZ for the freeware scenery and this is where the registration is placed ( on quite a few ) Austrailian aircraft .Hope this helps .John

Guest _Sheva_

Thank you, is this repaint downlaodable somewhere? Id like to try it.

This repaint is not yet on AVSIM , but if you send me your email address ( in a Personal Message ) I can send it to you .John

Guest _Sheva_
This repaint is not yet on AVSIM , but if you send me your email address ( in a Personal Message ) I can send it to you .John
airliners.net/photo/Untitled-(Letecke-centrum/Reims-F152/1181831/L/

@ Sheva ,Checked out the photo ( wondered why the link wasn't complete - now I know ) .

Er yes it does , the right hand side of the aircraft , shows A B C D back to front ( ie . mirrored ) .John

Guest _Sheva_
Er yes it does , the right hand side of the aircraft , shows A B C D back to front ( ie . mirrored ) .John
Eh, so. Then is possible not to be mirrored?

Eh, so. Then is possible not to be mirrored?
Your question has been answered several times now on this topic.Take time to read the answers.Both sides of the fuselage are texturised using one single fuselage texture.As a result of this one side shows mirrored text and logos. ( the right side)The rectangle on the bottom of he texturesheet gives the opportunity to make a registration on the right side of the fuse. ( this rectangle is the only place to make texture/text/logos wich appear un-mirrored on the right side of the fuse.)A model like this Cessna ( wich is a very fine model for MSFS ) cannot be repainted in many liveries due to the poor layout of the texturesheet.This should not happen with a payware-model , this a missed chance.We live in 2009 and have FSX , we do not want FS98-like texturising anymore.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints