Sign in to follow this  
Guest s5fly

MD-11 Engine Display

Guest s5fly

Hi,I haven't seen this posted before and I'm curious about wich engine display are you using in your MD-11. Is it Dial or Tape and the main question, why are you uing this. I'm personally using dial, but thinking I should try tape, too. For those who are using it, why do you thing it's better?thanks,Gr, Aljaz Prislan

Hi,I haven't seen this posted before and I'm curious about wich engine display are you using in your MD-11. Is it Dial or Tape and the main question, why are you uing this. I'm personally using dial, but thinking I should try tape, too. For those who are using it, why do you thing it's better?thanks,Gr, Aljaz Prislan
It's just a company option, I think the Tape option comes from the old style DC10. As far as I'm aware very few companys used the tape option, KLM being one of them.anyway I follow FEDEX SOP so use dials :)RegardsRob

Rob Prest

Guest s5fly

Oh, just like I thought. I was asking becouse I've seen KLM's cockpit on airliners.netBtw, where did you get those FEDEX's SOP from?regards, Aljaz

Oh, just like I thought. I was asking becouse I've seen KLM's cockpit on airliners.netBtw, where did you get those FEDEX's SOP from?regards, Aljaz
I have all the training docs for Gulf Air, Singapore & FEDEX but I cant post the info online for obvious reasons. However if you any specific questions regarding SOP I would be happy to answer.BTW The Cargo section of www.airlinepilotforums.com/ is full off UPS, FEDEX guys, just dont ask silly questions or say your MD11 type rating consists of 200 hours in FS9/FSX :)Rob

Rob Prest

Guest s5fly

Thanks. And if I'll have any questions regarding SOP I'll contact you.Aljaz

Guest mhedbi

I personally use the tape display because i can differenciate more rapidly the engines parameters ;)