Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Fly Tampa Vienna in FSX.....?

Hi all,Because I like flying to Austria I thought I'd take a look at Fly Tampa's Vienna for Fs2004.It is still work in progress but as you can see bit by bit the scenery is starting to look like it should.Within the next 2 weeks it will be ready.The modification package I will upload to Avsim.Remember that you have to own Fly Tampa's Vienna for Fs2004.Vienna_LOWW.jpgVienna_LOWW-2.jpg

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Man, that's AWESOME! If you could do this and make it work, you have my eternal gratitude!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Hows the performance so far with your modification? After reading some of Georges posts from FlyTampa, I am sometimes hesistant to consider using FS9 airports in FSX. However if the performance is good and there are no glarings bug I would give it a try.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That is fantastic. Not to be ungrateful but could you do this with any of the other FlyTampa scenery?

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest j0nx

It's really too bad that flytampa can't do this on their own. They seem to have all bad faded away these days which is a shame since their stuff is the industry standard imo. Kai tak for fsx is incredible. I find myself wondering why Kai Tak runs so well and aerosoft's manhattan and sanfran look and run so poorly compared to kai tak. Come on flytampa! Start updating or releasing some stuff for us!

It's really too bad that flytampa can't do this on their own. They seem to have all bad faded away these days which is a shame since their stuff is the industry standard imo. Kai tak for fsx is incredible. I find myself wondering why Kai Tak runs so well and aerosoft's manhattan and sanfran look and run so poorly compared to kai tak. Come on flytampa! Start updating or releasing some stuff for us!
Yes I agree. It would be nice if someone could ask this question on their forums. If anyone asks in that forum the members jump all over them. I am scared to ask that kind of question. It would be nice to know if they are at least working on something.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Here 2 other screenshots while working on the Afcad file.It has a satellite photo underground so it will not be perfect ; you can see aircraft on it.The idea is that there is a useable Vienna airport till Aerosoft will release theirs later. Vienna_LOWW-3.jpgVienna_LOWW-4.jpg

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Pity of the aircraft on the ground. However, I noticed that on the last screenshot, you can sort of look through the terminal building. That's not the way it's supposed to be, right?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Pity of the aircraft on the ground. However, I noticed that on the last screenshot, you can sort of look through the terminal building. That's not the way it's supposed to be, right?
If I would take a week I could modify the bitmap and remove those "aircraft".However with the Aerosoft version around the corner I will leave that for now.Regarding the look-through you are right ; that is a Fs2004 error in FSX.When I have finsihed the Afcad file I will take a look at that.I could make some solid structure and put them into the buildings to prevent this.When moving you will see the look through one moment and the next it is solid.Vienna_LOWW-5.jpg

Whilst what you are doing is admirable and quite impressive, am I the only one here who thinks this is just a tiny bit illegal ?You are taking a payware scenery and reverse engineering (hacking) it and uploading it to Avsim. The transparency issues you are seeing are typical of FS9 materials in FSX. They don't always work.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

As I understand it, he is modiyfing it so it works in FSX. He doesn't upload the complete scenery, only those parts that are needed to make it work. That's legal, me thinks, for it is only illegal once you upload original scenery files without permission of the author(s).By the way, I didn't know Aerosoft was making their own LOWW. Any news on when it could be available? And will it be for FS9, FSX or both?

Benjamin van Soldt

Guest ightenhill
As I understand it, he is modiyfing it so it works in FSX. He doesn't upload the complete scenery, only those parts that are needed to make it work. That's legal, me thinks, for it is only illegal once you upload original scenery files without permission of the author(s).By the way, I didn't know Aerosoft was making their own LOWW. Any news on when it could be available? And will it be for FS9, FSX or both?
80% of the beauty and atmosphere of a fly tampa product is the ground textures for the runways, taxiways and stands.. I cant see how you can transfer from fs9 to FSX without a complete rewrite.. Wish FT would do it rather than any of Aerosofts regime.. There policy seems to be rush it out with generic textures from airport x, y and z

Guest j0nx

Agreed. Aerosoft is nothing but a rush it out the door, collect the money from the victims that buy it and then provide little to no support type of company. Needless to say I have had some bad experiences with these guys lately and they aren't getting any more of my money. Sure wish FT would make a new SEATAC for FSX.

80% of the beauty and atmosphere of a fly tampa product is the ground textures for the runways, taxiways and stands.. I cant see how you can transfer from fs9 to FSX without a complete rewrite.. Wish FT would do it rather than any of Aerosofts regime.. There policy seems to be rush it out with generic textures from airport x, y and z
Danny, I agree since we have both been turned off by the Nice X release. Hopefully, they get Nice X in order or issue me a refund, or else I am done buying anything from them after the way this release was treated. At least your only having AFCAD issues with yours. If you were in my shoes you would really be upset.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Danny, I agree since we have both been turned off by the Nice X release. Hopefully, they get Nice X in order or issue me a refund, or else I am done buying anything from them after the way this release was treated. At least your only having AFCAD issues with yours. If you were in my shoes you would really be upset.
Yes, you all have issues with one single scenery......and you don't give Aerosoft a real chance to solve that problems.But contrary to FlyTampa they have a support. And they are answering questions. And they are developing sceneries at a regular base.FlyTampa makes an airport every now and then....when was their last scenery???? How long ago ??? I don't remember.FlyTampa don't like to change their sceneries from FS9 to FSX. How long do I wait to see their LOWW in FSX? I'm sure, I will never ever see that.FlyTampa don't answer to question. How many people have asked for a LOWW in FSX?? NO REACTION AT ALL. That's what I call: a friendly support !!!And now...........don't tell me about the bad support of Aerosoft !!!!Bernhard