Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Fly Tampa Vienna in FSX.....?

Sorry Berhard, but I am just disappointed, thats all. I am waiting to see what they say. I saw that you posted over there as well.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sorry Berhard, but I am just disappointed, thats all. I am waiting to see what they say. I saw that you posted over there as well.
What issue do you have with Nice maybe I can help?Cheers,

André

What issue do you have with Nice maybe I can help?Cheers,
Hi Andr

Just mipmap all bmp textures except the lmaps... also the lines textures...Have made a small batch file with in combination of imagetool will do it in +/- 1 minute to add the mipmaps...It's real simple current hardware and textures should have mipmaps anyone that makesthem without are still thinking old school FS9 or don't have a clue ;-)If you need the file shoot an email.
Thanks for the suggestion Andr

Guest j0nx

I mipmapped aerosoft's sanfran already and it made ZERO difference. The flicker problems are with the buildings themselves, not the .bmp ground textures and the buildings would be .bgl files right? NYC is really bad. How can you mipmap buildings if they aren't .bmp files? Cmpbellsjc was the one that showed me how to mipmap ut2 planes and man did it make a difference for me but they were all .bmp files so it was easy. I also fly right through all the buildings in sanfran and manhattan so therefor can't land on many of the helipads. Shaun at aerosoft refuses to be any help. He just keeps blaming it on my pc even though another customer there already said he has the same problems. Their support has been absolutely and utterly useless. The aerosoft manhattan scenery just looks terrible with all that shimmering. It only has .dds and .bgl files though. I used to really like aerosoft and have purchased 6 or 7 addons in the past from them but lately they are just a mass market producer of quick, halfarsed out the door products which they refuse to support, at least in my recent opinion. I already told them I wanted a refund and they said forget it. I guess I could charge it back on my credit card but if they'd fix the shimmering issues and the flying through buildings problems then the scenery wouldn't be half bad. Why can't these companies just produce quality addons like FT? Kai Tak is loaded with buildings, none of them shimmer, and the performance is amazing, not to mention the scenery is stunning. Seriously why do I even have to argue with these companies to fix this crap when it should never have been released in this state? Argh!

I mipmapped aerosoft's sanfran already and it made ZERO difference. The flicker problems are with the buildings themselves, not the .bmp ground textures and the buildings would be .bgl files right? NYC is really bad. How can you mipmap buildings if they aren't .bmp files? Cmpbellsjc was the one that showed me how to mipmap ut2 planes and man did it make a difference for me but they were all .bmp files so it was easy. I also fly right through all the buildings in sanfran and manhattan so therefor can't land on many of the helipads. Shaun at aerosoft refuses to be any help. He just keeps blaming it on my pc even though another customer there already said he has the same problems. Their support has been absolutely and utterly useless. The aerosoft manhattan scenery just looks terrible with all that shimmering. It only has .dds and .bgl files though. I used to really like aerosoft and have purchased 6 or 7 addons in the past from them but lately they are just a mass market producer of quick, halfarsed out the door products which they refuse to support, at least in my recent opinion. I already told them I wanted a refund and they said forget it. I guess I could charge it back on my credit card but if they'd fix the shimmering issues and the flying through buildings problems then the scenery wouldn't be half bad. Why can't these companies just produce quality addons like FT? Kai Tak is loaded with buildings, none of them shimmer, and the performance is amazing, not to mention the scenery is stunning. Seriously why do I even have to argue with these companies to fix this crap when it should never have been released in this state? Argh!
j0nx,You can mipmap the building textures by using DDS Converter 2. Probably the .bmp files were just the ground scenery files like you said and the textures for the buildings are in the .dds files. Just make a back up of the .dds files first just to be safe. Then take all the .dds folder and place them in a new folder on yu desk top. Open DDS Converter and in the options button set the mip level on the right side to 8 and make sure the conversion is either checked as DXT5 or DXT3 depending on how the original textues are marked orginally. Also check to make sure the output folder is the same as the new folder you created. Then just hit convert and it will add the mips. Once its done just add them back to the original folder.BTW, I agree that the customer service there is starting to lack in comparison to other scenery developers that will bend over backwards to help you. In my case also they said that my computer was out of the norm, I should reinstall windows and FSX, etc. Basically everything but try to find out what is wrong with the product. Apparently, if the product works on their system then it must be our problem. Funny thing is I never have problems like this with any other addon airports or sceneries that I have ever bought, so I know nothing is wrong with my system like they say.I also don't like that the developer never comes into the discussion or they like to sometimes not disclose who the developer is. Maybe if they got the developers more involved with the actual consumer things could get solved quicker instead of leaving us to try and figure out what is wrong or fix the prduct ourselves.Anyway, I am working on my problem with Nice X for now, but I will wait and see if they finally do offer a patch. For reason like this I hesitate to purchase from them again. The problem is that sometimes they offer stuff than no one else does, so you are kind of stuck. I wish Flight1 would carry more products since they have a 30 day guarantee.
Sean your 8800GTS should do as least 4xs? which makes the effect more less as with 8xQ?It's a combination of factors one is FSX + the 3d design and technique used + mip maps + AA + OC Sorry in FSX it doesn't matter you can add mipmaps also to the night textures...
Andr

Guest j0nx

Sounds easy enough Sean. Let me know if it works for you and if it works then I'll try it on manhattan and see what I get.

Andr

j0nx,Just wanted to check and see if you did the .dds files yet and was there any improvement.

Guest j0nx

No mate, it's gonna be next week before I can get to that. Haven't been able to sim all week. Maybe Sunday if I get back in time. I shall let you know how I make out. The results couldn't be any worse than what came from aerosoft though.

Are there any news concerning the FlyTampa-scenery in FSX?Thanks, Christoph
"BUMP" :( CheersStein-Ove

Hello!I think it would be nice from GSalden, if he could tell us whether he continues working on that project or not. But to keep it without reply is not fair at all - my opinion.Christoph