This product looks great, but I'd love to see a video if someone has a few minutes to toss one up on youtube or vimeo.Also, Bryan-Would you consider making the manual available? I'd just be interested to see how the interaction and voice commands work together.BTW, do you know what's next? I'm not a big fan of default aircraft, but I think re-working one of the existing PMDG or Level-D planes could be a huge seller (or the JS41 soon to be out from PMDG)!Thanks again for the hard word and innovation. I'm excited to see this in action.

Hi Jeff,I'm going to make a video this week hopefully.Yes, if the voice concept proves popular, we'll definitely be doing the high end 3rd party stuff.Cheers,
That's great, I can't wait to see it!

JeffI am not a fan of the default planes either, but believe me this is completely worth it. If nothing else it will teach you how to work it for the next release.

Hello Bryan,this product seems to be great. Unfortunately I never use default FSX aircrafts, except the C172 and the ULM :(. So I guess I will have to wait a few months for the release version for PMDG MD11, PMDG 744, or LVD 767 :( I have a question, will we have a conflict if we fly online on IVAO or VATSIM ?Example, the online ATC tells us to reduce speed at 210kt, if autopilot is on, it should be me (PF) to set the speed on the FCP. But if I readback, I would say to the ATC "roger reducing speed 210". In that case, FS2crew will also think that I tell him to set speed to 210 ?

vpa055.png

Hello Bryan,this product seems to be great. Unfortunately I never use default FSX aircrafts, except the C172 and the ULM :(. So I guess I will have to wait a few months for the release version for PMDG MD11, PMDG 744, or LVD 767 :( I have a question, will we have a conflict if we fly online on IVAO or VATSIM ?Example, the online ATC tells us to reduce speed at 210kt, if autopilot is on, it should be me (PF) to set the speed on the FCP. But if I readback, I would say to the ATC "roger reducing speed 210". In that case, FS2crew will also think that I tell him to set speed to 210 ?
For On-Line ATC users:There is a button on the FS2Crew Main Panel called VOICE.That can toggle the speech recognition On and OFF.(If you have to make a phone call, I'd toggle the engine off as well while you're talking).However, if you say: "Roger, reducing speed to 210", it's doubtful that the FS2Crew speech engine would pick that up, because you also said "Roger, reducing speed..." which is not what the speech engine is looking for in the phrase.Generally "speed 210" would need to be said clearly and distinctly as a single phrase for the speech engine to recognize it.However, if you ever were to experience such an issue, just toggle the speech engine off momentarily while you're taking to ATC.Cheers,

Is it possible to assign a key to the toggle of voice? And if the voice engine is off does the rest of the flows still running or requires the engine to be back to on?? itifonhom

Is it possible to assign a key to the toggle of voice? And if the voice engine is off does the rest of the flows still running or requires the engine to be back to on?? itifonhom
Hi,It's not yet possible to assign a key to toggle the voice engine. It's something we'll probably add in a future update.If you toggle off the voice recognition engine, everything should still function that is not dependent on receiving a speech command.Best,

However, if you say: "Roger, reducing speed to 210", it's doubtful that the FS2Crew speech engine would pick that up, because you also said "Roger, reducing speed..." which is not what the speech engine is looking for in the phrase.Generally "speed 210" would need to be said clearly and distinctly as a single phrase for the speech engine to recognize it.However, if you ever were to experience such an issue, just toggle the speech engine off momentarily while you're taking to ATC.
Having tried some test flights with actual ATC I can confirm that the voice engine very rarely picks anything up from the normal radio phraseology. The key to voice commands really is that things need to be very distinctly said.Even if you say "dangerous phrases" which contain a voice commands, like"Heading 210 Delta 1121"the engine isn't likely pick that up unless you speak really slowly, as it will sort of keep listening to the whole phrase you say and since the "delta 1121" is there, it won't pick it up as a heading command.I would however, turn the voice engine off whenever it isnt needed, like during the cruise portion.Kimmo Kylevoice set managementBanner_FS2Crew_Team.png

Good tip, unless you want to ask the FA for coffee or drinks :(
For that I don't need the FA, the voice recognition engine on the GF (girlfrield) works fairly well, except for a few days or the month :( Hey Bryan by the way did you get my email about the alternate address and my Mac breakdown? I was wondering if it got caught in a spam filter or something.Kimmo Kylevoice set managementBanner_FS2Crew_Team.png

Maybe the PTT (Push to Talk) button could be used so when you PTT for Vatsim, the speech rec engine momentarily toggles off, otherwise it is always ON.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Maybe the PTT (Push to Talk) button could be used so when you PTT for Vatsim, the speech rec engine momentarily toggles off, otherwise it is always ON.
We looked into that. But according to the SAPI (speech recognition) documentation, we would run a real risk of creating memory and crash problems if we left the speech recognition running, but essentially "muted" the microphone.The best we can do is create a key assignment to easily toggle on/off the whole engine (or you can just use the current system and use your mouse for the job... that's what I do.)Cheers,