Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

727 Flight Adventure

I really liked getting to know the DC-6B through the series of flights I made in the Evita Race, so I am going to be making a series of flights in the Dreamfleet 727. I flew from my home airfield KBJC to San Diego and am now headed south to Los Cabos, Baja Mexico.http://www.fsrtwrace.com/track/ShowFlight....2XjpjtwSOBsgJhQ

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

You should have said something sooner. I could have picked you up in San Diego and shown you the town. :( Vicious

Vicious - Did not know you lived in SD. That is a crazy approach. Hills of Balboa park on 1 side and Downtown buildings on the other. Cheap thrills in Dan Diego for me is to go out and sit on the hill at Balboa Park and experience jet wake first hand.Cheers!

You should have said something sooner. I could have picked you up in San Diego and shown you the town. :( Vicious
KSAN to MMSD Los Caboshttp://www.fsrtwrace.com/track/ShowFlight....1ClTThNeTBadp5Q

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

How are you tracking your flight in Google Earth?

TimThere is a great program called FS-Duenna by Johannes Mueller that we use to track the legs of the Flight Sim Around the World Race. It is free and I now use it to track all my flights. You can also watch real-time in Google Earth as you fly. Feel free to message me. The FS RTW race is a lot of fun every Feb. FS Round-The-World-RaceJohannes Mueller Duenna

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Looks fun (and complicated). I will definitely look forward to, er, thinking about it closer to February. Will there be any kind of practice runs before then?

Hi Tim,Practice usually gets underway early in the new year. It mostly consists of making sure the multiplayer network facilities are in working order, and most importantly HAVING FUN! Newcomers need to get used to baton runs and hand-offs which are most important to success in the race, and which consists of posting a baton claim on the forum, flying the sector, and handing the baton to the next flyer when you land.It's not difficult, but you'll need a bit of practice.

Mike Beckwith

TimThere are some rules and requirements, but it is a team event run in relay fashion with a virtual "Baton," so you are not on your own. The Baton is handed off in the forums. We fly it online nonstop and have Teamspeak for voice to help facilitate our effort. Takes 4 or 5 days. Warbirds are popular because they are fast props, as only certain legs can be jet legs. Most legs are limited to 600 miles or 2 hours and we work hard as a team to get everyone involved.If you are interested, I would start by getting The Duenna. The Duenna is a great tool that I try to run on most of my flights because the flight logging it records is interesting. Go ahead and download it and play with it. Using the duenna and getting your sim settings to give you valid flights and being able to post to the forum is a good first step in getting involved.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I made it from Tegucigalpa to Quito alright. Lost all hydraulic pressure to the Brakes and then I lost the #3 engine but still made it safely.Down to QuitoThen I flew to La Paz Bolivia. 13000 feet elevation. From La Paz I headed to SAN CARLOS DE BARILOCH but forgot to run the Duenna. At least it was not a race.Then I headed out on the Southern Pacific Corridor from alst years RTW Race, but got called away from the sim and crashed in the ocean - Possible cause fuel starvation, but not sure.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro