Sign in to follow this  
fletch

Not able to "Make This The Default Flight" or keep Saved settings

fletchAre you saying that if you set up a flight from the Free Flight page, hit save, name the flight ( I usually use the name of the starting airport), tick "Make this the default flight", then OK. Close and reopen the sim. Then that is now not your default flight? I know it sounds funny unless you did not follow all those steps. From the Free Flight page click on LOAD and see if any flights are there. Better yet, go to My Documents and see what is in the Flight Simulator Files folder. That is where saved flights and ILS flights are saved. You can double click on one of the exe. files and FSX will load right from there.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Thank you for persisting with this problem on my behhalf.First of all (Again thank you Bobbyjack for your input and help ) This what i do..1) I open FSX [it opens up in the default settings and plane] i then choose a plane, airport, time and then change all the settings to how i like it from display to realism etc. then i save that setting [from the free flight page] name it and tick that box "Make this the default flight" then close the game. when i reopen the FSX it just starts from it's origanal Default settings, inclusing plane, airport and display settings.2) I have even started the FSX, changed all the settings run the game for a bit then saved everything and ticked the box "Make this the default flight", then gone back to the free flight page then closed the game. when i reopen the game, still no change. even if i save the game and tick the box "Make this the default flight", go straight to exit the game, reopen FSx, i still have the same problem.3) As far as your other suggestion of opening the game from the My Documents to find the saved games.Well funny thing is that the saved games/settings are there,(and i have even been able to load a saved game and settings from the free flight page at start up and continue the flight from there without any problems.) but they are not exe. type files, only .WX or FSSAVE type files.????I have tried to double click on one of the .WX or FSSAVE files and FSX will NOT load it. i can't even open them.??Now to your suggestion Hightmike, [thanks again]i have inserted the following line into my fsx.cfg at the end of the UserInterface sectionSITUATION=C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\My Startup Flight but changed the last part from My Startup Flight to one of the saved files and this is the message that i get.." The requested flight file is corrupt or can't be found. flight Simulator will now try to load the default flight."Then it's right back were i started.???????I am sorry to be such a pain in the butt.I realy do appreciate your time, effort and help.Kind RegardsFletch.

Thanks heaps guys for all your help on this subject,I have tried all the different ways to fix this issue but i still have the same problem,It just will not start up on the saved settings that i want.I can see all the saved files that i have got, i also have the square box ticked to have my saved flight/ settings start up as my default start up. However it just will not do it.It just means at the moment i have to set up my aircraft and load up my settings with every start up. [it's a bit of a pain, more becouse i never had ths problem before?Anyway thanks for the help guys, just thought i would give you an update.Kind regardsFletch.

Fletch -I could not help but notice an apparent error in what you added to the situation= line.You stated that you wrote it like this:SITUATION=C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\My Startup Flight but changed the last part from My Startup Flight to one of the saved files.In addition to useing a correct FLT name at the end (without the FLT extension), I hope you changed the Your User Name to whatever your actual user name is.Mine for instance reads this way:C:\Documents and Settings\Opa\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Southwest at KDALOpa is my user name on my computer and my flight is named Southwest at KDAL.Just thought it might be worth checking. Also, Right click on your FSX.cfg file (be SURE you are working on the FSX.cfg file and not the one which is named fsx.CFG.txt) and then select Properties. If there is a "read only" attribute checked, then uncheck it.Hope you get the problem solved - must be a real pain in the rear end !!

David,Thank you so much for your time and help.i will give them a go once i finished this small flight i am doing at the moment.it is most likely some small thing that i would have missed. (it useally is the small tiny thing not checked)[not knowing what i am doing sure doesn't help, glad you guys do]i will let you know how i went with it.Thanks again David.PSI actualy don't have a name [in the username part] it is just user. do i need to add a name and put it in the computer somewhere too?kind regards Fletch.

Guest FunkyM

Hey there FletchGreat to meet you. Apart from all the excellent help already afforded here I can confirm to you I have had a similar problem on XP. I too had to go down that long winding road of re-installation once until some very clever person pointed out you must, must, must do installation in the following order.

• Install base application
  • Defrag your disk
  • Open the basic free flight for a bit then close
  • Then install acceleration giving you the service packs
  • Defrag again
  • Start a basic flight and close
  • Do all your settings, file your flight plan and off you go
  • Save your flight

Basically as I understand it is the starting of the free flight bit that helps FSX ensure all the indexing is ok. That sorted the problem for me. Not sure if that will help since you have already done the whole re-install thing, but there you have it just in case you need it.Good luck and I hope matters get resolved for you.FM.

Hi there FunkyM,Thank you so very much for your help and time also.It seems like i have called for all the troops to rally on this one.I am so greatfull that there are so many helpful, brainy and kind people out there who don't mind spending there free time helping others [and me]I will try your suggestion also, although it is a big pain in the ....... to reload everything but it is just as bigger pain in the ....... to have to re do the settings on every start up. i pretty much fly daily so i need to do it a fair bit and i am getting tired of it.it must be something like what you are saying. FSX is getting lost somewhere. it just will not reconize the checked box when it comes to saving my flight as a default start up. the saved flights are all there, it just wont start with any of them.Again to all, thank you.i hopefully can put this baby to bed and fix it .kind regardsFletch

Guest FunkyM

No problem at all Fletch, though I do recommend you try the suggestions from the far more clever folks than I above before you wonder off onto that road called re-installation. I'd treat my suggestion as the last resort option.If you do though make sure you uninstall everything, using the windows unistaller. Personally I run Deluxe with the service packs but was always told to ensure you unistall the service packs, then the base package before attempting a re-install. I would imagine it would be something similar for your version.Best of luck!!FM

Hi there guys,i have gone through all those helpful suggestions and was still unable to fix that problem with FSx not saving my settings as default, so i ended up doing a full re-installation. [twice as i forgot to un-install Acceleration first, the fisrt time.]I still have not finished installing all as yet as i have noticed a bit of a problem with my default aircraft. They all look so very blurred no matter what setting i have the aircraft set too.Would anyone know why this has happened and how to fix it?I have noticed that this "blurry" look on my default planes do not effect the add on aircraft that i am putting back on as they are nice and clear.(the blurr look is just the paint work not the planes themself.)By the way my FSX has now saved and loaded my saved settings, thank you so very much guys for your help, advise and time, very much appreciated.[ i also took FunkyM advise in the re-installation process, so thank you too.]kind regards fletch.