Sign in to follow this  
norman s

Voice Files-Avsim Files

Hi Guys ,I am reposting this under a new heading in case some of you missed it .Some of the version 2 files are available on Avsim.I have downloaded them and put them to use as is appropriate and they do work well.These files do not need to be un zipped ,just open them and copy them as required into Winwood folder .Do remove the original files and keep them safe in case of problemsNorman Bowman

Hi Guys ,I am reposting this under a new heading in case some of you missed it .Some of the version 2 files are available on Avsim.I have downloaded them and put them to use as is appropriate and they do work well.These files do not need to be un zipped ,just open them and copy them as required into Winwood folder .Do remove the original files and keep them safe in case of problemsNorman Bowman
Norman,Do you think it would work if I just install the V.2 files over V.1? I really want V.2 and only one person seems to have the missing files from AVSIM and it's too complicated to make them available.Jeremy

Norman,Do you think it would work if I just install the V.2 files over V.1? I really want V.2 and only one person seems to have the missing files from AVSIM and it's too complicated to make them available.Jeremy
Mi Jeremy.Go to Avsim and download the version two files,Part3,Part 4,Part5 or 6,then parts 8,9,10.Open your Winwood folder and move out into a temporary folder the numbered voice files ,those which correspond with the numbered files which you have downloaded.The nos are ,11-20,51-55,84-98 all inclusive.Once you have done this just copy over the numbered files from the Version 2 downloads.You can copy over allof the files in a particular folder in one go.Meatwater in his instructions when these firdt appeared suggested not trying just to overwrite the existing files.It can all be done in around 30 minutes.RegardsNorman

Mi Jeremy.Go to Avsim and download the version two files,Part3,Part 4,Part5 or 6,then parts 8,9,10.Open your Winwood folder and move out into a temporary folder the numbered voice files ,those which correspond with the numbered files which you have downloaded.The nos are ,11-20,51-55,84-98 all inclusive.Once you have done this just copy over the numbered files from the Version 2 downloads.You can copy over allof the files in a particular folder in one go.Meatwater in his instructions when these firdt appeared suggested not trying just to overwrite the existing files.It can all be done in around 30 minutes.RegardsNorman
Please fellow simmers, we all love this great hobby, and spend quite a sum of money trying to make it 'as real as we possibly can. Meatwater "generously" spent his time improving a certain aspect of an already great product. But, that was not where it ended, no, he made the improvements available to us, his fellow flight simmers, AT NO COST.Now, because of some 'jerk/s' who wantonly corrupted and crashed the wonderful Avsim download/upload site, all of those files are no longer available; four (4) sets, to be exact, are missing out of ten. Isn't there ANYONE out there in this great flightsimming community, who owns all ten parts and who is willing and able to make the missing four files available to those who so earnestly desire to have them ?? Anyone ?? Please fellas, be as kind as Meatwater was and Rise up to the occassion and help out your colleagues. Let us be generous with each other, Please.Best Regards to All,GodfreyG :(

I am still hoping that someone out there, with all of Meatwater's v2 files will read these requests, and make the missing files available to us all. We all know that when JD releases RCv5, it will be even more realistic and we will all be running to purchase it. But, that is still in the future as JD is really working hard on all of the refinements and additions he is making. So, while we await the next great iteration of Radar Contact, the best ATC addon for FS :( , could someone please make available to us the missing v2 files from Meatwater, PLEASE :( Regards,GodfreyG :(