Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

19 inch monitor!

Guest Shayt

>still going strong. I recently bought the same monitor as Ken>G (further down) - an Iiyama Pro 454 19". This is a superb>monitor and I can recommend it but I'm not certain you can get>these in the US.>Hi Ray,Thanks again for your insight. I think that now I'm close then ever to reach my goal. Following the questioning in the forums I've narrowed my search to two monitors who are available in my country (Israel) though not so popular: The Iiyama master pro454 or the ViewSonic P95F+. Both got similar first rate at Tom

I have a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930SB . It's a black CRT flat display and it had a anti reflective coating on it so you get no reflections off the screen. I will never buy a CRT again that is not flat. This one can go up to 1920x1440@ 85hz :). There is alot more I could say about it but for $350 USD you can't go wrong with this one . Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 768MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows XP pro SP1a

Hi Shay,I've had a look at the P95F+ and Pro 454 and it's difficult to split them. If the Viewsonic is 20% cheaper that could make up your mind for you. If it's possible to see them in the flesh (so to speak) that would be a big help. Either way you'll be getting a very good monitor that will give you hours of enjoyment.One last thing. If you decide on a resolution of 1280*1024 for FS2002 then don't use it. Instead use 1280*960. Why? Because 640*480 times 2 give 1280*960 and will retain the correct ratio and well as improving frame rates slightly. Of course you can use 1600*1200 but the graphics card will be working really hard and you might find texture redraws a bit slow.If you buy the Viewsonic spend some of the cash you saved on something for your lady. :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

hi Ray what resolution shall i use on my 17" LG700S monitor?thx!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I use this rule of thumb. Use the highest resolution that you can that doesn't start to reduce the frame rates to unacceptable levels (as decided by you.) Going from memory, I use 1200x900 on my GeForce2 Ti system, as higher than this and the FRs really start to drop from their "lock" of 20fps. Remember that what you set will only appear in Full-Screen Mode - the Windowed Mode resolution will be the same as your Desktop settings. Mine are set to 1152x864, so there's not a huge difference !Alastair

Hi Clayton,As you have a 128Mb card it's unlikely you'll suffer frame rate reductions when you increase the resolution. So, go for the highest your 17" can manage whilst retaining a refresh rate of 85Hz. You need to keep the screen ratio of 1.3333:1 so compatible resolutions are: -640*480800*6001024*7681152*8641280*9601360*10201440*1080The last three are probably outside the range of a 17".Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather