Sign in to follow this  
ICMC

ATC in FS not working in PMDG

Hi AllNew to this forum but using FS since many years.The problem I have I can't get the ATC window open from FS when I use my PMDG 737 800/900 Software.I twas difficult enough to get into the FMC but I also want ATC to work with the PMDG.So any help is really appreciated if you know anything about this.Thx Ian :(

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Hi AllNew to this forum but using FS since many years.The problem I have I can't get the ATC window open from FS when I use my PMDG 737 800/900 Software.I twas difficult enough to get into the FMC but I also want ATC to work with the PMDG.So any help is really appreciated if you know anything about this.Thx Ian :(
hello Ian, i could stand being corrected here, but i do not use FS ATC simply because it is a bit primitive and is basically intended for those using FS aircraft together with the FS flight planner. the PMDG aircraft with their FMC are far too sophisticated for the FS ATC and i suggest if you intend continuing to use ATC you search around the net for a good ATC system that would work with the PMDG aircraft. thats the best i can do for you. richard welsh.

Hello Ian,Regarding the ATC window, there is no reason you couldn't open it. Check first in the MSFS assignment menu if the default ATC window command is still assigned. If that's OK, then maybe you could check if you haven't re-assigned that same command to another function in the PMDG key assignment menu.Further to Richard's comment, you'll find that MSFS ATC will direct you to very unrealistic approaches. If you are not ready (yet) to try a better ATC package - or on-line ATC - I've found that an acceptable compromise is fly only the first part of the flight under MSFS control. To do that, you export your PMDG flight plan to MSFS, then declare an IFR flight, follow ATC instructions during climb and cruise (adding at least 2000 feet to each altitude clearance given by ATC during the climb in order to avoid step climbs). MSFS ATC instructions should closely follow your flight plan until TOD so you just cancel IFR before TOD. You then fly you FMS descent and approach and contact tower just before landing. If the arrival is VFR, it's OK. However if the landing field is in IFR condition, ATC won't accept you in so you either ignore the controller and land anyway...or pause the sim and reopen your IFR flight plan just before landing...) Not pretty but OK in my opinion, at least until you go on-line or install better ATC. Hope this helps,Bruno