Sign in to follow this  
Guest zzmikezz

Let's Tell Criselda About Aviation

Guest zzmikezz

Welcome, CriseldaI've opened this thread in your honor because in your post #33 to this thread http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=257303, your first ever post to Avsim, you said that you hope to learn something about aviation here. I propose that members each tell you at least one interesting thing about the subject. For example ...The Wright Brothers invented the wind tunnel and were in fact the first aeronautical engineers.

To earn a dollar in the aviation industry, you first have to start with a million.

The 3 most useless things to a pilot:1) the runway behind you2) the air above youC) the fuel you left on the groundwelcome and regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

The best paying jobs in aviation are outside the airplane :( Welcome haha

The best paying jobs in aviation are outside the airplane :( Welcome haha
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

takeoffs are optional yet landings are mandatory

The difference between God and an airline pilot: God doesn't think he's an airline pilot.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If you're going down at night, turn on the landing lights. If you don't like what you see lit up on the ground, turn them back off so you don't have to see it any more...

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest zzmikezz

Ach du lieber! I had not intended this to be a jokes thread! I had intended instead that we provide Criselda with interesting facts such as this one ...Flush riveting was invented by Howard Hughes.or this one ...All theories of lift must reduce to the upward force resulting from the downward acceleration of air.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIf you insist on telling jokes, kindly tell good ones, such as this one ...Q: How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?A: One, but it takes a long time -- and the light bulb has to want to change.But if we're going to continue to offer aviation aphorisms (look it up), here's my contribution: Beware the hand that moves before it thinks.

Hi Criseldanever rush through the pre-flight. it's an opportunity for you to find a reason Not to fly the plane.Here is one instance of just that, Thankfully they walked away ......100_2182copy.jpgimage

When Reginald Mitchell discovered that the Air Ministry were going to call his fighter design the 'Spitfire', he apparently said: 'that's just the sort of bloody silly name they would choose'.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If you're thinking of flying for the airlines some day, pick up "Flying the Line" by Hopkins. Hell, pick up Volume II as well. They're both excellent books.Then, read Fate is the Hunter by Gann. Amazing book about the golden era of flying.