Sign in to follow this  
Holger

How can I change the radius of my plane?

Guest creber1

I know the radius information is in the aircraft.cfg, but which line is it that I need to change?I don*t want to go into RAFCAD, so no need to have a different radius for every repaint of that model, just want to change radius to a bigger number and that to be valid for all textures of that plane.Thanks

Guest Captain Barfbag

The radius information is contained in the .air file, not in aircraft.cfg. Sorry.AITM (AI Traffic Mover) by Thomas Molitor will allow you to edit the .air file using its Aircraft Editor function. The program itself is a small download and an easy installation.There are a few stock aircraft (Lear45 and Cessna 182RG, maybe others?) that are actually carryovers from earlier FS versions and don't allow radius modification in any way that I know of. Most of them, though, can be easily changed with AITM. Note that the radius is in meters, not feet. If you're an AFCAD user, you will see that the parking spaces are measured in feet, although AFCAD has an option to do everything in metric units. Also, aircraft radius is an integer value, so you can have 27 meters or 28 meters, but not 27.5.

Guest creber1

OK, thanks, will give it a try. I wasn*t sure about AITM, as I had read about it in the context of AFCAD and how it works if there is a different model folder for every repaint, so I wasn*t sure how it works if one wants to do the modification for all the repaints without wanting to create separate model folders.Cheers

Hi Captain:just for the record: the radius is defined in the model (.mdl) file, not the .air file. Also, when changing an aircraft radius, AITM will automatically make a backup file which remains as a .bak in the aircraft model folder (this can take up quite a bit of space if you change lots of aircrafts - I suggest moving the backups to a special folder and put that on CD or other storage media).Cheers, Holger