Sign in to follow this  
KingCat

atc.dll

I have a problem with the file atc.dll in FS9.I was on a flight from LIRF to EDDF, and when I landed at EDDF and tuned to the ground frequency 121.70, FS crashed with reporting a fatal error in the file atc.dll.I checked the forum and it seems that this error can happen because of duplicate frequencies in RC4 and default ATC. Also I read that adding the line "RemoveATC=Yes" to FSUIPC.ini should eliminate this error. So, I added this line at the end of the "General" section of FSUIPC.ini and tried again.Today I flew the same flight again (LIRF to EDDF), but unfortunateley, the same error happened again after switching to Ground on 121.70 in EDDF. So this line "RemoveATC=Yes" does not solve the problem. Any ideas why not?The Ground frequency in EDDF (121.70) is also the same as the default Clearance Delivery frequency in EDDF and the default ATIS frequency in LIRF. Any idea as to which frequency is conflicting with RC4 (default ATIS in LIRF, or default Clearance Delivery in EDDF which happens to be both 121.70)? I also checked the controller screen in RC4, and I have no duplicate frequencies there. It seems that the RC4 frequency is conflicting with the default frequencies, but I don't know which one (departure or arrival airport). Also it's strange that the line "RemoveATC=Yes" in FSUIPC doesn't solve the problem (unless this line has to be at a specific position in the "General" section of FSUIPC.ini?).Some of the addons I used for this flight:PMDG B744.LIRF scenery from ISD-project.EDDF 2008 scenery from Aerosoft.FSUIPC 3.90.Any help is appreciated.Jon

You also (in case you are not) should be running FS 9.1.RemoveATC=Yes can be anywhere in the General section.

I'm running FS9.1 since I started simming (back in 2005). Unfortunately, the line "RemoveATC=Yes" does not solve the problem in this case.Any ideas as to what might be the conflict here?Jon

I'm running FS9.1 since I started simming (back in 2005). Unfortunately, the line "RemoveATC=Yes" does not solve the problem in this case.Any ideas as to what might be the conflict here?Jon
is atc sound still checked in fs9? the volume of fs9 atc set to 0?and you're running fsuipc 3.90?did you restart fs9 after you added removeatc=yes to the fsuipc.ini?jd

is atc sound still checked in fs9? the volume of fs9 atc set to 0?and you're running fsuipc 3.90?did you restart fs9 after you added removeatc=yes to the fsuipc.ini?jd
Yes, yes (3.93 BTW) and yes.If I check "Show ATC text", will that also eliminate the error? Because if I have "RemoveATC=Yes" added to FSUIPC.ini, the default ATC shouldn't be visible.Jon

Yes, yes (3.93 BTW) and yes.If I check "Show ATC text", will that also eliminate the error? Because if I have "RemoveATC=Yes" added to FSUIPC.ini, the default ATC shouldn't be visible.Jon
removeatc=yes does more stuff under the covers than simply displaying or not displaying the atc text, i believe. it allows fsuipc to trap a couple of the atc.dll errors before they reach you, and in essence they never really happened.jd

But will enabling "Show ATC text" eliminate the atc.dll error? Because this line "RemoveATC=Yes" doesn't catch all atc.dll errors.Jon

But will enabling "Show ATC text" eliminate the atc.dll error? Because this line "RemoveATC=Yes" doesn't catch all atc.dll errors.Jon
Hi Jon,FSUIPC can trap some of these errors but not all of them. Pete Dowson said as much in the documentation.I suggest you change one of the frequencies at either LIRF or EDDF and rebuild your databases. I had a similar problem with LIRF-EGLL flights. You should have a few ATIS or GND frequencies you can substitute for the current one.BTW, it's not RC that causes this problem. It's just the messenger. If you used the same frequencies with the default ATC the same problem would occur. Aces never sorted this bug out in FS9.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather