Sign in to follow this  
Soeren Jensen

Dull dead water in FS9

HiDo anyone in here have a possible explanation on what have happened to my water is FS9 ?Problem is, it has become completely lifeless and dead.I don

Guest cloudflyer

Gotta turn on the water effects in options.

Looks a bit odd. Is that water part of an addon scenery by any chance? If it is does other water look the same?Dave

Jen,After checking your settings for water Effects, take a look in ...\FS9\Texture for a file named oceanheightfield.bmpI believe this is crucial for water effects.Hope this help,JoePS. Hi Dave

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Jen,After checking your settings for water Effects, take a look in ...\FS9\Texture for a file named oceanheightfield.bmpI believe this is crucial for water effects.Hope this help,JoePS. Hi Dave
Hi JoeThanks for suggestion.I tried to replace that file with both some backups, and some downloaded, but unfortunately no positive result :( It was however a good idea, and I think it might be something like that, thats causing it.Jen
Looks a bit odd. Is that water part of an addon scenery by any chance? If it is does other water look the same?Dave
Hi DaveI am afraid all the water looks like that, and to tell the thruth, I can`t say whether it happened while installing some addonJen
Gotta turn on the water effects in options.
Hi CloudflyerAll the textures are turned up as much as possible, but it dosn`t seem to do much good I am afraid.Jen

uninstall all add-ons that may change water (FE, GEPro, the one you just installed) and see how default water looks.

uninstall all add-ons that may change water (FE, GEPro, the one you just installed) and see how default water looks.
Maybe I can find the time during the week Red1, so I can try that. Perhaps it could clarify if any of the addon`s were the culprit :( Thanks for the advise :( Jen

Problem solved :( Looks like there is an issue with Nvidia graphics and Windows, if you live outside U.S. area.If you go to the controlpanel and change the format settings in country and region from Danish to English (USA), viola!!! you have water reflections.Problem is now, that all my business accounts do not show up correctly with that setting.Jen