Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

FS9.1 Scenery Re-Draw Range.

Hi All.I am trying to get the scenery more in to focus.The only thing left now is a small rather annoying issue with the ground scenery display coming in to view.I have had it looking very nice and smoooth before the format. I have been kicking my own a** since then because the FS9.1 cfg file was missed on the back-up.I am trying to get it to load slightly faster, and to be more "in focus" than it is right now. I use a registered latest version of FSUIPC, and have set the display / sight distance to 50nm.I know for example, than one of the two sets of figures below alter this scenery display thingie, as I have had it set before, but I just can't for the life of me remember which one it is that sets the scenery focus range. Here are the two sets of figures that I am referring to.TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000 < Not sure if it is one of these threeTERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.90000 < or if it is one of these three insteadTERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4I have the scenery coming into view okay, but it loks kind of blurred and out of focus about 10-15 miles from me, but I did fix this before, but just can't remember which one it is, or which combination it was.Any thoughts would be very welcome guy's.

Anyone !Thanks very much.
Steve, backup your files and try the last 3 as TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=3TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1 (or 4 but I use 1 with FSGenesis)Also make sure Texture_Bandwidth_Mult is set appropriately. For me 200 seems to provide snappy graphics and smooth flying but 40 resulted in blurries and stutters...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

After many years of tweaking, I have my radius settings at 9.9 for both and 5 for levels. Not sure if this is 'really' the best but looks the best to me for my machine. Also I have the texutre_bandwidth_multi set to 100 and added the texturemaxload=8 line right after multi. Gives good results but textures will always start to slightly blur around that 10-20 mile range (which is pretty far). Also make sure you have your AF turned to at least 8x as i find that helps with the focus. Also mipmaps should be set to at least 4.My system..e8500 at 3.6512mb 8800gts2 gig mem at 1200mhz1440x900

Hi.I just picked this up somewhereTERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.900000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.900000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=8I also saw this too, but I don't know how much of it is accurate"[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=2TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=0TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=8TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES This turns on/off the extended texture ring TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS This is the default radius in textures for all rings (default is 2.5) - This is how far from the aircrafts point seen the textures will be sharpened, like a ring around the aircraft. valid values are 0 - 9.500000 - where 9.5 being high TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS This is the radius used for the inner ring when the extended texture ring is turned on (default is 4.0). This how far from the aicrafts point seen the textures will be shrpened when Extended Textures are turned on. Again as a ring around the aircraft. TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS This is the number of rings to add when using extended texture rings, default is 1 - How many rings there are around the aircraft. "Just seeing if any of this makes a difference in any way.

Hi All.Well, it still doesn't look right, so I will post some screen shots later today when I get home from work again to show what I'm talking about. It might help you guy's to see whats happening and jolt some memories as to how you got around the problem.Thanks.