Sir,I have made two flights with this program. First, it's awesome!! Secondly, I was wondering what needed to be accomplished in order for the FO to make the speed calls (e.g. 80 knots, V1, Rotate, V2). I have yet to hear him announce those calls, even though the manuel states he does...

Matt King

Sir,I have made two flights with this program. First, it's awesome!! Secondly, I was wondering what needed to be accomplished in order for the FO to make the speed calls (e.g. 80 knots, V1, Rotate, V2). I have yet to hear him announce those calls, even though the manuel states he does...
It's simple:1. Mode, as displayed in the FS2Crew Main Panel, needs to be in TAKEOFF ROLL (ensure First Officer Takeoffs -F/O TO- are selected to NO on the Config Screen).2. Speak: "CLEARED".... when cleared for takeoff.3. When lineup and ready to go, speak: "TAKEOFF".4. FO should call 80 knots.5. You can reply "CHECK".6. FO will call V1 and ROTATE7. FO will announce Positive Rate.8. You speak: "GEAR UP"9. At 400 feet, call for a roll mode such as "HEADING SELECT".And go from there... Cheers,

It's simple:1. Mode, as displayed in the FS2Crew Main Panel, needs to be in TAKEOFF ROLL (ensure First Officer Takeoffs -F/O TO- are selected to NO on the Config Screen).2. Speak: "CLEARED".... when cleared for takeoff.3. When lineup and ready to go, speak: "TAKEOFF".4. FO should call 80 knots.5. You can reply "CHECK".6. FO will call V1 and ROTATE7. FO will announce Positive Rate.8. You speak: "GEAR UP"9. At 400 feet, call for a roll mode such as "HEADING SELECT".And go from there... Cheers,
Sir,I have done all that, as prescribed by the manual...still, no takeoff calls....Also, when calling Descent Checklist the FO does not respond. All other phases are perfect. I'm using vista x64...any other suggestions.

Matt King

Are you using Saved Situation files?Those things can cause problems with FS addons.A beta tester was using saved situation files and experienced the same results as you.Don't use Saved Flights.Start each flight fresh from the Create a Flight menu.Cheers,

Are you using Saved Situation files?Those things can cause problems with FS addons.A beta tester was using saved situation files and experienced the same results as you.Don't use Saved Flights.Start each flight fresh from the Create a Flight menu.Cheers,
Sir,I'm not using a saved situation flight. What I do is the following:1. Create Flightplan with FSbuild2. Start FSX and position my aircraft at the gatenote I do not load the flight plan into FSX, because I don't use the default ATC. Instaed, I use RC43. I start my flight, load the flight plan from FSbuild into ISG1 FMS4. Start RC4 and input my flight plan.Also, I notice the FO is not calling the approach checklist or my flaps settings...although, he does set my flaps, he just doesn't state the positon.Here's a list of the addons I'm using:ASX,RC4FSpassengerFSC 8.1FSBUILDISG1

Matt King

Hmmmm, try it without loading all the other stuff.
Will do...I'll let you know. BTW...your response says something about you as a developer...superior customer service....it's appreciated, sir.

Matt King

BTW...your response says something about you as a developer...superior customer service....it's appreciated, sir.
Well, I'm sure Bryan is the very best in this area, I bet he would even made home visits if he was able to!!! :-) itifonhom

Well, I'm sure Bryan is the very best in this area, I bet he would even made home visits if he was able to!!! :-) itifonhom
Well... I am able to actually...Sometimes I use TeamViewer to do a Remote Desktop session with the user.Sometimes you have to see what's happening as email can't convey the whole picture.

Also, I notice the FO is not calling the approach checklist or my flaps settings...although, he does set my flaps, he just doesn't state the positon.
HiThe behaviour is exactly what I've seen happening if a saved flight was loaded more than once without restarting the sim in between. No question.One thing comes to mind.. have you changed the default flight that loads on start-up?Kimmo Kylevoice set managementBanner_FS2Crew_Team.png

HiThe behaviour is exactly what I've seen happening if a saved flight was loaded more than once without restarting the sim in between. No question.One thing comes to mind.. have you changed the default flight that loads on start-up?Kimmo Kylevoice set managementBanner_FS2Crew_Team.png
Jet,Thanks for you help! Yes, I have changed the default settings, to mimic a cold and dark enviorment.

Matt King

So do the takeoff calls work for you now?
Mr. York,I haven't had a chance to test, yet! I'm working on my own program at the moment :( I'll try in in the next hour.

Matt King

Had the same problem while using the FS2Crew together with FSPassengersX. Seems to be kind of a conflict between them, had no problems otherwise. Even the FSPassengersX seemed to get "stucked" at some points. Can anyone else confirm problems between the two programms?? itifonhom

Had the same problem while using the FS2Crew together with FSPassengersX. Seems to be kind of a conflict between them, had no problems otherwise. Even the FSPassengersX seemed to get "stucked" at some points. Can anyone else confirm problems between the two programms??
HiI don't have FSPassengers but please confirm that when this happens.... you are NOT using a saved flight.. your default flight that loads up is the MS original (Ultralight at Friday Harbour).. you are NOT flying through flight (restarting FS2Crew after landing without restarting the simulation)The above are the only circumstances I have seen leading to those symptoms.Kimmo Kylevoice set managementBanner_FS2Crew_Team.png