Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Disable Haze Layer Not Working

Jim,I forgot to mention this in my other post regarding the weather stations and ATIS.In ASA I have both "Fog Layer Generation" and "Disable Haze Layer" both checked. Of course it says that a special texture has been installed to take care of the unwanted "blanket effect" but I still have it. I was flying around SoCal near where the wildfires are it was cloudy and hazy but I still have the milky blanket between the mountains.I am running ASA on a networked computer so I am thinking that maybe that is why the texture is not being installed. Plus I sorted my FSX files by last modified and saw no changes in dates and times. I would think that if a new texture was intalled then I would see it using those methods.Before you ask what texture programs I am running, I am using FEX and GEX and thats it.I did a search on this here and saw this thread: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...;hl=haze++layerbut there was never any resolution to the problem.If there is no texture being installed, could I somehow extract the texture from ASA on my networked computer and place it in the FSX folder where it belongs manually? Or, could you email me the texture and I could install it myself.I also didn't take a screen shot because its the same blanket problem that is in other photos.BTW, I am using version 433 and DWC and visibility smoothing are unchecked.Thanks,Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,I think you network path to FSX is wrong on the client so ASA can't send the clear haze texture across. Let me see if I can find the texture. I need to run out to KDTW right now.Thanks,

Hi,I think you network path to FSX is wrong on the client so ASA can't send the clear haze texture across. Let me see if I can find the texture. I need to run out to KDTW right now.Thanks,
Thanks I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks for the quick reply as well on both my posts for help.

Hi,Send me an e-mail: jim(AT)hifisim.comRemind me you are looking for the clear textures.Thanks,

Hi,Send me an e-mail: jim(AT)hifisim.comRemind me you are looking for the clear textures.Thanks,
Thanks Jim, just emailed you.

Hi All,For anyone else that is thinking about e-mailing me for these textures, please don't. I am only sending out textures to Sean. If you think you are having a haze layer texture issue, please start a new thread and describe your ASA install and what you are seeing. Recently, this is the only reported case of this and I can confirm that Sean is an ASA customer for which these textures were designed for.Thanks,

Thanks Jim. I just got the email and will replace the textures right away. Everything should work ok now.ThanksSeanBTW, how did you veriify that I was a true paying customer? Was it my email address?

BTW, how did you veriify that I was a true paying customer? Was it my email address?
Aren't we all ASA paying customers? I know I paid for my copy of ASA. :( Iain Smith

Hi Ian,I have ways of checking and I know you are, as are most that post here. But by e-mail I am not sure and seeing these are "private" textures I would rather try and fix the problem first.I still get requests for a FS9 file from years ago that I posted about ages ago.Thanks,

Hi Ian,I have ways of checking and I know you are, as are most that post here. But by e-mail I am not sure and seeing these are "private" textures I would rather try and fix the problem first.I still get requests for a FS9 file from years ago that I posted about ages ago.Thanks,
Ah! I understand Jim. :( Iain

Jim,The new textures work so well that I forgot to reply back and let you know. Thanks again for sending them to me. It make a work of difference having the correct textures installed, lol.Ian, of course I am a paying customer. I didn't mean to imply that I wasn't. I was just surprise that Jim was able to verify that I was without me sending some sort of proof of purchase.