Sign in to follow this  
Ebedeley

FS2004 Freezes on different View Modes

Whenever I change my screen from windowed mode to Full screen mode in FS2004 it freezes and I have to restart FS2004. Is there a way to fix it?

Could be a problem with graphics card drivers or if you're running Vista you try this:Right click the FS2004 shortcut, choose properties, open the compatibility tab and check the box for "Disable desktop composition" Not tried it but read it somewhere and made a note.Dave

Guest belga1

Hello,

Will it work on XP?
You can experiment it under Windows XP (this option is available in the executable properties) but seem's it's a need specific for Windows Vista.I don't think people running WinXP need to use this setting (at least not me :) )Regards.bye.gifGus.

Could be a problem with graphics card drivers or if you're running Vista you try this:Right click the FS2004 shortcut, choose properties, open the compatibility tab and check the box for "Disable desktop composition" Not tried it but read it somewhere and made a note.Dave
I follow the steps, but there is no "Disable desktop composition". Is there an alternative?

I was having some screen issues lately and discovered that my Window's desktop refresh rate was 75hz and my ATI driver software was limiting FS9 to 60Hz. So there is a center in the Catalyst Control Center which forces applications to run at the same refresh rate as my Windows desktop. It really cleared up a number of issues that I was having.Don't know if that will help you but you could give it a shot!Mark

I have to right click on fs9 icon on desktop. This is in Windows XP Prof. And then

Run as.... Current user and un click protect files

I seem to be having issues with a lot of my files and directories being hidden however so I guess my XP install is whacked.

At any rate this fixed the problem for me for now.

Thanks for letting us know nothing new in a 5 year old thread!