Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

Does this bug you as well??????????????????

This bugs me alot in FSWhen it is raining there is never any water on the ground and when it is snowing there is no sign of snow on the ground. I think that that is a big defect of FS and that they should think about adding it into the next FS (not 2004)Tell me if this bugs you as wellAm i alone??????????????????A Sloan

Guest racartron

Next y'all will be wanting it to drift into mounds relative to the wind direction and intensity. Then complain about the mpact on the system.;-)Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

I wouldn't exactly classify these as big defects.....When it is raining there is never any water on the ground - I'm never on the ground long enough to notice :-)when it is snowing there is no sign of snow on the ground. - It happened a few times in early spring where the ground textures in FS changed to the spring set and when I loaded in the FS Meteo weather showing snow in the Calgary area, the ground textures changed to the snow set. I'm not sure if this only happens with a 3rd party weather program or not but I was impressed.Sorry to say but neither one of you points bother me! :-)I'm sure FS2004 will have some neat new weather eye-candy but, I'm sure there will be a few things left out on purpose just to "bug" someone :-lolHave fun!!Mikehttp://www.members.shaw.ca/madamo/boeingsig.jpg

NO, doesn't bug me at all.Just one of the hundreds of limitations of FS, that will be solved in a future release of FS, when we have 20-GHz Pentium-X PC's available.Rob

Yes, its true! FS2002 simulates snow covering during snowfalls.Last week I installed a downloaded FSMeteo weather file. It sould have been a recent one, which I downloaded 2 weeks ago. By error I choose one, which I downloaded last winter, one with really heavy snowfall. When I realized my error, I thought, never mind, it is nice to fly through snowfall in summer. But the amazing thing was, that after a few minutes the summer texturees started to turn into winter textures, step by step. First a patch here, then another one there, untill the whole area was white, covered with snow. That was incredible. I have never seen such a thing reported before.Wolfgang