Sign in to follow this  
seehunt

What drivers do I install

OK my new build is put together and posted OK.P6T v2 mb, 3X2 mushkin 1600 6,7,6,18 ram,BFG 285, 712 mhz, 1 gig ramCorsair 850 HXI7 975 cpulian li B70 caseThermalright 120 extreme cooler750 hd, and 300 10,000rpm rapture I'm ready to install Windows Vista 64 home premiumand my question is what drivers do I install from theP6T mb disk. Do I install everything thats on the disk or only certain ones.I would appreciate a little help as this is my first build.

Take a look on Asus' site for the latest drivers. Their site is pretty friendly.Since you're using Vista, it should automatically find drivers that support your network adapters... So hopefully you can do all the downloading/updating on the new rig. I personally download onto my laptop and than transfer to the new rig via USB, diskette or CD/DVD. I also prefer flashing the Bios with a clean windows install, followed by chipset drivers and then graphics drivers. I then backup the system before installing any software --besides drivers.Asus Downloads

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I might also add be cautious of the drivers Vista 64 automatically installs. Normally they are older versions. Located the latest chipset, network, sound, etc and try to use those. I had issues with my MB NIC dropping the connection until I updated the NIC drivers with the latest 64 bit version.

Guest raikky

drivers for motherbaorddrivers for chipsetdrivers for graphics carddrivers for network adaptersdrivers for sound carddrivers for any gaming controllers and network usualy on the CD for mobo, there is an optrion to install everything. just install the ones you need as listed above. most programs are optional and not essential.www.nvidia.com for graphics card and i dunno if you have a nforce chipset if you do you can get that from nvidia.com too.do this after you instal lwindows obviously ;)