Sign in to follow this  
Guest Transonic15

Unable to add ILS to Afcad

Guest Transonic15

I have been trying for for some time to add an ILS approach to Inverness (EGPE) for runways 6/24, but without success. I have used ILS-GPS Approach creator v1` and AFCAD v2.21 for FS2004 without success. Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks

I have been trying for for some time to add an ILS approach to Inverness (EGPE) for runways 6/24, but without success. I have used ILS-GPS Approach creator v1` and AFCAD v2.21 for FS2004 without success. Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks
Get the latest release of the free Airport Design Editor (ADE).It includes an approach creator.More info and the opportunity to download here:http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/news.html

Not sure what you mean by this. Does the ILS not show up in AFCAD? Does the ILS not show up on the map, or GPS? Or does ATC not say what you expect.Yes, the new ADE is has more to it than AFCAD (I like ADE better), but If you can not "add ILS" with AFCAD, then I'm not sure you can add it with ADE, either.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Not sure what you mean by this. Does the ILS not show up in AFCAD? Does the ILS not show up on the map, or GPS? Or does ATC not say what you expect.Yes, the new ADE is has more to it than AFCAD (I like ADE better), but If you can not "add ILS" with AFCAD, then I'm not sure you can add it with ADE, either.Bob
Bob, the newest version of ADE (ADE 9X) which works in both FSX and FS2004 does have an approach creator which works properly.It will show up properly in the GPS etc. while one added with Afcad will not.

Bob, the newest version of ADE (ADE 9X) which works in both FSX and FS2004 does have an approach creator which works properly.It will show up properly in the GPS etc. while one added with Afcad will not.
Indeed, I use the newest ADE, and know the approach creator works very well. I was trying to get a little more info from the OP, that's all.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

reading it I think maybe the title of the thread was a little different than what OP described as what he was trying to do, which seemed to be add an approach, not the ILS "signal".scott s..

Guest Transonic15

Many thanks to Opa, Bobbyjack and Scott. I will try the ADE programe and let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

Hi all,ADE 1.45 for FS9 and FSX is now available here:http://www.downloadcenter.scruffyduck.org.uk/Click the link on the right - ADE9X 1.45 Full Installation.After installation please read the PDF manual.For information on creating approaches, head over to the ADE forum, and check out the sticky threads on approaches:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95Hope this helps,

Guest Transonic15

Downloaded and installed the ADE programe and was able to add the ILS approaches to runway 6/24 at Inverness airport in just a few minutes. What a fantastic programe, this is a programe that every FS user should have. Many thanks to all concerned.