Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

- Opinion wanted for the Nvidia FX5600

Guest Marcelo

Any experience with that card? Compared to others? Regards, Marcelo

Guest Lindy

I had a GEForce 2 Ti 64 mb card and wanted to upgrade a bit to a 128 mg card. I tried the nVidia FX 5200 128 mg card but wasn't really satisfied with it for the money it cost. I returned it and picked up the 5600 256 mb DDR RAM card. I know you probably want to hear that I got a frame rate increase, but I didn't -- no increase in FRs at all. What I DID get was crisper, clearer textures and almost no scenery shimmering (or 'swimming'). It defaults with a 325 clock speed which I often (but not always) bump up to 350. I'm satisfied with it but I'll admit I don't believe it is really worth the money. It's a good middle-of-the-road type card though.My system: P4 2.4G, 256 mg DDR RAM, Win98SE, DX 9.1 (or whatever the version is... maybe 9.0a??), FS2K2Pro with Options all set pretty high.-Lindy :-wave

I'm betting you'd be better off with something like a Radeon 9600 rather than anything from the GeForce FX line - it hasn't done very well in the benchmarking tests...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com