Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildblue747

Simple Question on Liveries

Guest wildblue747

Hi. New to forum and already have what I think is a simple problem to solve?I have installed FS10 (with Acceleration) on my laptop sucessfully. I have also loaded from DVD, PMDG 747-400. Once again no problem and all works and flies well.The problem starts when I try to install any livery either from the PMDG DVD or from thir website. Sure enough all appears to work as advetised until I try and run FS10 with 747-400. All the generic 747's are there but not in any livery.Having checked where the Liveries are going by default, I see they are going into Flight Sim X as a file, eg texture VS (Virgin 747). The full path is as follows Program Files(x86)/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator/Sim Objects/Airplanes/PMDG 747-400/texture vs.For whatever reason this does not work. Where should these Livery texture files be or what am I doing wrong?Any answers gratefully received as I am confused on this issue. should be so simple.Thanksps Laptop is High Spec running Vista

Hi. New to forum and already have what I think is a simple problem to solve?I have installed FS10 (with Acceleration) on my laptop sucessfully. I have also loaded from DVD, PMDG 747-400. Once again no problem and all works and flies well.The problem starts when I try to install any livery either from the PMDG DVD or from thir website. Sure enough all appears to work as advetised until I try and run FS10 with 747-400. All the generic 747's are there but not in any livery.Having checked where the Liveries are going by default, I see they are going into Flight Sim X as a file, eg texture VS (Virgin 747). The full path is as follows Program Files(x86)/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator/Sim Objects/Airplanes/PMDG 747-400/texture vs.For whatever reason this does not work. Where should these Livery texture files be or what am I doing wrong?Any answers gratefully received as I am confused on this issue. should be so simple.Thanksps Laptop is High Spec running Vista
Hi, welcome to Avsim. If my memory serves me correct it is a simple .exe and there is no need for a repaint manager like Level D. That is the right place to install if you have Vista, perhaps the Aircraft.cfg is not being updated, check there and see if the liveries you added are in the .cfg. You should see an entry for each of the engine variants as [fltsim.0] [fltsim.1] etc. and your additions should follow in succession.Have you downloaded liveries for FSX or are they for FS9 by any chance? I will check when I get home in about 3 hours and have a look. in the meantime you could post in the PMDG forum if you would like a quicker answer. Look here

\Robert Hamlich/