Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

FS Global 2008

Hi guys.One question.I'm planning to buy fs Global 2008.I have a lot of addon installed and can I install fs Global on top of it???ThanksEdin

Well global is mesh, so yes, it'll go just fine with most (certain scenery add-ons may look strange if designed for default, but not many) add-ons. I currently use FSGlobal myself along with high LOD fsgenesis and like it very much.

Well global is mesh, so yes, it'll go just fine with most (certain scenery add-ons may look strange if designed for default, but not many) add-ons. I currently use FSGlobal myself along with high LOD fsgenesis and like it very much.
ThanksI will tryEdin

Guest raikky

i use fsglobal with ultimate terrain and fscene. works great

Hi One more explanation. I have FS Genesis world mesh and Europe.What will happen when I install FS Global 2008.As I understand, both are meshes. Can they be in conflict?I'm little bit scared because I worked hard on my fs9 configuration and result is no CTD anymore, and I have GEPRO, UT Europe, ASV6, and lot of add scenery.Thanks in advanceEdin

Hi One more explanation. I have FS Genesis world mesh and Europe.What will happen when I install FS Global 2008.As I understand, both are meshes. Can they be in conflict?I'm little bit scared because I worked hard on my fs9 configuration and result is no CTD anymore, and I have GEPRO, UT Europe, ASV6, and lot of add scenery.Thanks in advanceEdin
As far as my experience..they won't be a 'conflict' between the two meshes. In fs9..the high resolution mesh is always used, and if they are both the same...the one with the higher priority is used. Either way, it won't create any problems.

As far as my experience..they won't be a 'conflict' between the two meshes. In fs9..the high resolution mesh is always used, and if they are both the same...the one with the higher priority is used. Either way, it won't create any problems.
Thanks RedI will try.Edin

Actually in FS9 when there are 2 meshes compiled at the same resolution for a given area the mesh with the lower priority [edit] as seen in the Scenery Library [/edit] will be displayed.FSX and FS2K2 are different, higher priority is displayed, FS9 is backwards.A question for Edin, if you have those other mesh products why buy more?Hope this helps,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Actually in FS9 when there are 2 meshes compiled at the same resolution for a given area the mesh with the lower priority [edit] as seen in the Scenery Library [/edit] will be displayed.FSX and FS2K2 are different, higher priority is displayed, FS9 is backwards.A question for Edin, if you have those other mesh products why buy more?Hope this helps,Joe
Hi JoeBecause, I don't have Genesis World mesh. I thought I haveAt the moment I have only Europe covered.And FS Global looks interesting because it covers whole world.I didn't buy it, still. Is it worth it 60EUR?Thanks for explanationEdin

You're right, I forgot to mention that. But I do believe they come up right in the scenery.cfg, no?