Sign in to follow this  
Guest rhys13

Seeking experience for the a new rig

Guest rhys13

Good evening,I'm quite new to this topic and not necessarily well versed with new hardware. I seek some help in finding out what can be expected in the way of FPS when usingFSX with a system rigged with the following specs:Case:Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Power Supply: Coolermaster Real Power M1000 Processor: Core i7 975 Extreme Edition 8MB Cache Socket 1366 CPU Cooler: CoolIt Domino ALC CPU Liquid Cooler Graphics Card : BFG GeForce GTX 295 1792MB PCI Express 2.0 Memory: 6GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz C9 Triple Channel Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Socket 1366 Hard Disk Drive One: 300GB VelociRaptor SATA II 16MB Cache I would be using it with products from LVLD and PMDG with a bit of hardware attached (CDU, PFC throttle, rudder and yoke, goflight units)in a dual monitor setup. despite enjoying procedural sims, I enjoy the eye candy especially busy airports and would hope that such a rig would beable to "fly" FSX smoothly with most sliders to the maximum... is it "doable"?As anyone any experience with similar specs?Thanks in advance for any infocheers,Rhys

Looks good to me. You should be able to run FSX with your settings maxed, even with max traffic and running addons.Make sure you use a 64-bit OS to utilize the RAM though!After thoroughly playtesting Win7, I'd recommend it for your OS.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Guest Tingoose

Might be worth posting this question in the hardware forum .

Might be worth posting this question in the hardware forum .
Isn't the GTX 295 the dual GPU unit? If so you can save money and powerby getting the 285 instead, since FSX does not use dual GPUs.

Bert

Guest rhys13
Isn't the GTX 295 the dual GPU unit? If so you can save money and powerby getting the 285 instead, since FSX does not use dual GPUs.
Many thanks to All for your inputs, much appreciated. I didn't know that about the GTX295. I'll look a little more into detail about it. As for posting hardware forum, I realised my mistake after having posted this in the "wrong" forum...Not so wrong after all...thanks again!Cheers,Rhys

Guest j0nx

975 is a waste. Buy a 920 for 800 less and oc to 4ghz like me then take that 800 and spend it on a matrox triplehead with 3 x 19 or 22" monitors . 295 is a waste as well unless you are a big gamer that likes to play lots of other games other than fsx. I have a 285 and I'm a big gamer and it serves me well on my 28" at 1920x1200 and my triplehead at 3840x1024. I honestly can't see that a 295 would give me any better frame rate than what I get now with the 285, not to mention the issues with SLI. There aren't any games except for crysis that I can't play on my triplehead at 3840x1024 with all settings maxed and not pull at least 40fps. Most are 60 or higher. 6gb of ddr 3 1600 will also be fine as well.