Sign in to follow this  
dragonflightdesign

Flight Simulator was unable to load....

I don't expect a 'complete' answer to this as I suspect that the fix varies from developer to developer and system to system. The last two builds of my current project have resulted in the dreaded 'Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can...' etc. Rolling back to the previous three known working archives still gives the same error message - so I know that whatever is causing the message to be thrown cannot be my code. Not unless you want to tell me that three archives plus my current code are all corrupted.. :( The gauge size is well inside the size limit I inadvertantly discovered some months ago and FS9 is a bog-standard install with update 1 applied.Short of a full FS9 reinstall (which I suspect I'm going to have to do), how did anyone else deal with this?-Dai

I don't expect a 'complete' answer to this as I suspect that the fix varies from developer to developer and system to system. The last two builds of my current project have resulted in the dreaded 'Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can...' etc. Rolling back to the previous three known working archives still gives the same error message - so I know that whatever is causing the message to be thrown cannot be my code. Not unless you want to tell me that three archives plus my current code are all corrupted.. :( The gauge size is well inside the size limit I inadvertantly discovered some months ago and FS9 is a bog-standard install with update 1 applied.Short of a full FS9 reinstall (which I suspect I'm going to have to do), how did anyone else deal with this?-Dai
Hi Dai,The first thing you can try is to delete the fs9.cfg file, and let FS9 build a new one.Bypasses problems caused by a corrupted fs9.cfg file or default flight file.Succes, Rob

Hi RobI actually ended up doing a full reinstall after making sure that the original installation folder was empty and that didn't fix it either. I don't have a clue why this has just started happening but it looks like I'm going to have to start a new project and add in the bits of the original one until the error rears its ugly head again. Of course, if it does it on the first compile, I'm simply going to throw VS2005 into the nearest bin. VS2003 never gave me this problem even with a much bigger gau file. Yes, I've only just upgraded the project to VS2005 and it did work for around a dozen builds, then - beugh.And when I say I'll bin VS2005, I mean it. As an MS student doing MCADs, MCPs and whatever they've just renamed the VS2008 courses, they give me the developer tools for free anyway, so; easy come, easy go. -A hair-pullingly frustrated Dai

So, for whatever reason, it turned out to be VS2005. Rather than just revert to an (out-of-date) VS2003 archive, I created a new VS2003 project with all of my 'standard' defaults for VS (any version) and it worked perfectly. No more VS2005 for FS projects.And as for VS2008 - ! I'll say this now; if you want to upgrade an existing project from VS2003 or VS2005, add the following two lines to the top of the file that contains your resource numbering:#define _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS //Shut up VS2008#define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE //Shut up VS2008-otherwise you will be overwhelmed with security warnings. If upgrading from VS2003 to VS2005 (good luck! :)) then add just the #define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE //Shut up VS2005line.-Dai

So, for whatever reason, it turned out to be VS2005. Rather than just revert to an (out-of-date) VS2003 archive, I created a new VS2003 project with all of my 'standard' defaults for VS (any version) and it worked perfectly. No more VS2005 for FS projects.And as for VS2008 - ! I'll say this now; if you want to upgrade an existing project from VS2003 or VS2005, add the following two lines to the top of the file that contains your resource numbering:#define _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS //Shut up VS2008#define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE //Shut up VS2008-otherwise you will be overwhelmed with security warnings. If upgrading from VS2003 to VS2005 (good luck! :)) then add just the #define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE //Shut up VS2005line.-Dai
Hi Dai,Glad you found it ...Certainly not a trivial problem ...Cheers, Rob

Odd that you have this issue. I use VS2005 without any problems at all.Without knowing any details regarding your project... I would use a program like "Depends" to check the gauge's dependency and see if there's something it requires that can't be loaded.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'll definately bear that in mind as a fault-finding option if I hit the problem again - thanks for the suggestion Ed.

Well I'm not developing software for FS9 but suddenly (and out of nowhere) I've started receiving this problem for virtually every third party aircraft I have. This includes everything from LDS 767, PMDG 737, PMDG MD-11, Hilmerby DC-9 [freeware], feelthere 737, etc. The only aircraft I'm seemingly not experiencing these errors with are default aircraft, and PSS aircraft (for some reason).A system restore and fs9.cfg rebuild doesn't seem to fix this problem.Is there any chance anyone has any ideas out there? I'm physically finding each .gau file these errors reference but did something swiftly get corrupted on my new system that took ALL of these .gaus out of commission?Thanks.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM