Sign in to follow this  
byork

Ensure Speech Recognition Langauge set Properly!

Just a friendly reminder...Vista/Win 7 users:Please ensure your Speech Recognizer (via Control Panel -> Speech Properties -> Speech Recognition) is set to English - US.If it's not set to English - US, then the voice recognition system will not load and you'll experience other problems.Remember: English - US, not English UK!!!XP Users:Make sure your Speech Recognizer is set to English.Cheers,

Guest leontine

With regards to the subject of the Default 737 edition for FSX (FS2Crew 2010-voice commander series) in both your comments as wel as those of others I noticed something about SAPI. Seemingly this tool is required to get the program working to one satisfaction. My computer is equiped with Windows Vista.From the looks it seems that the FS2Crew 2010 program is installed correctly. However pressing the start the meant toggle button on the pannel I get the relevant popup screen which, with the exception of voice, I can get to respond. However at the same time a continuous round object keeps flickering while under no circumstances do I seem to have a two way voice communication. Hope you can assist and provide this helpless old man with possible corrective steps and actions. At the same time what is UAC and how do I go about it to turn it on/off? Thanks in advance.Dirk Rotterdam/The Netherlands

Bryando you know where I can set the speech to english on a french version of WIN 7 Ultimate ?

vpa055.png

Bryando you know where I can set the speech to english on a french version of WIN 7 Ultimate ?
Hi Stephane,Hit the Start button and in "Search programs and files" type "Speech Recognition" (or whatever that is in French... reconnaissance de la parole???)And you should find the Speech Recognition properties section. If not, look in your Control Panel).Or you might want to just Google it as I don't have a French version of Windows.The screen you want looks like this, but in French.speech.PNG

okay I found it. I needed to download an update for "English language".

vpa055.png

Stefitt, can you please tell us how you did in order to use speech recognition on a non-english system? Where did you download the update for "English Language"?Thank you,James

James Goggi

Hi,I just bought fs2crew voicerec. pmdg 737.I'm using windows 7 Home Premium Dutch.Because i'm using Home Premium i can't install a multi languages interface pack (English).And that mean that i can't set my speech recongnition to english, because you need W7 Ultimate for the mulit lang pack install.So, when i'm in fs9 using fs2crew i can't press the button for voice.Is there any other solution to my problem? (not buying w7 Ultimate)Greats!

Hi Just a quick question .. been a long long time since i used the voice editions .. been flying the IFLY button version most of the time now , but i want to get back into the voice side of things .. i have the voice editions for the PMDG and Wilco 737s , but some how its the voice settings i need help with , (had it all set before .. dont know how its changed but had to reinstall the MS voice software).. i have windows XP 32 bit and under the control panel / speech / there is Microsoft English Recognizer 5.1 and SAPI .. which one do i use again please ? im guessing its the Microsoft one . Thanks Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Hi Just a quick question .. been a long long time since i used the voice editions .. been flying the IFLY button version most of the time now , but i want to get back into the voice side of things .. i have the voice editions for the PMDG and Wilco 737s , but some how its the voice settings i need help with , (had it all set before .. dont know how its changed but had to reinstall the MS voice software).. i have windows XP 32 bit and under the control panel / speech / there is Microsoft English Recognizer 5.1 and SAPI .. which one do i use again please ? im guessing its the Microsoft one . Thanks Rich
Hi Rich,You don't need to do anything. Sounds like everything is setup right.Just load the plan and go.If the Voice button on the FS2Crew Main panel stays illuminated, you'll know the speech recognition system is running properly.Best,