Sign in to follow this  
FlyinMisfit

Nvidia GT300 Info.? would like NickN's take on this

Nick,sorry about the mis-spelling in the initial post for this topic. on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate the info. for both ATI & Nvidia in the following article... http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1...00-architectureMod.'s, please remove the initial post (of this same topic) due to the mis-spelling that i could not correct. sorry for the inconvenience.thanks, Tim

Guest roddymod
Nick,sorry about the mis-spelling in the initial post for this topic. on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate the info. for both ATI & Nvidia in the following article... http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1...00-architectureMod.'s, please remove the initial post (of this same topic) due to the mis-spelling that i could not correct. sorry for the inconvenience.thanks, Tim
Well I can't speak for Nick but I will tell you what I think.First the article. It seems that the author has some sort of grudge against Nvidia. The use of the term "Nvidiots" i think says everything about where this guy is coming from. With rewgard to FSX and DX11 any argument seems irrelevant. When MS still supported FS developement the Aces studio made an attempt to rewrite the program to enable DX10 support and failed miserably leaving us with the useless DX10 preview.Given the current state of play I cannot see anyone re writing FSX for DX11

I agree, the author has a problem with nVIDIA and nVIDIA fans. In any case, the article is just idle speculation; he admits as much at the beginning of the article. Hard to do the math without the numbers and nVIDIA and ATI are sitting on those.When a DX11 game comes along I want to play, I will stop by at www.tomshardware.com, read the reviews and make a decision. I am no partisan, I have used both ATI and nVIDIA cards in the past and will base my decision on real world performance and driver stability.Tom

Speculative PC tech articles that are months old have about as much relevance as one's shoe size. Also Charlie Demerjian does have a grudge against NV. GT300 samples are due back from the fab in a few weeks with limited availability in December/January. ATi will have a full lineup of DX11 cards before a single GT300 hits the shelves.

Is there really much of a high end card market anymore anyways?Everyone seems to talk of console gaming titles. I suspected the PC gaming market is all but over and out,due to low cost consoles offering decent performance without all the PC piracy, and high costing PC hardware needs.I'm only wondering ?

OK, practical question based on this...I have a GTX 280 that's developing temperature issues.I'm playing with the idea of picking up an EVGA GTX 285 FTW before they disappear (Amazon has some but they're out of stock pretty much anywhere else).Is it worthwhile to try to nurse the GTX 280 along until the 300 series becomes available?Or will the 300 series be like the 295 - in the sense that it doesn't help FSX performance all that much.If so, and if the 285 is going to be the high end for FSX, then it'd be a good idea to grab one, yes?Or am I misguided.Let me know what you thinkAlan