Sign in to follow this  

Incredible new FS2004 MelJet 777 screenshots

They're over at FSGateway.Nethttp://www.fsgateway.net/meljet777/default.htmAmazing high altitude shots with lots of clouds below, love the different shades of water color, deep blue, light blue, aqua... very nice :-jumpyFantastic!!! FS2004 is going to be incredible :-yellow1Matthew.

Come on... doesn't anyone think these are great!Matthew.

Guest AAF

Whoa, those are awesome shots. Thank you so much for sharing, I would have never known they existed!

Looks pretty good, especially the sunrise shots. I'm still having an issue with the AI aircraft having their lights on during the day. Even though it is realistic, it is not realistic to see the aircraft lights several miles away from the airport. I would prefer if MS just left the lights off during the day.

Hi Matthew:yup, they are "nice" ;-)What I find remarkable given my own bias toward VFR flying and scenery is that it looks like the mesh around Bogota is not the same 1-km resolution data as in FS2002. Unless the author added his/her own mesh it might be that MS took advantage of the new Shuttle Radar data for South America.Nice indeed !?!Cheers, Holger

Guest Joshieca

>Come on... doesn't anyone think these are great!>>Matthew.Do you work for FSGateway?? You keep posting links to their site?

No I dont, and if you posted the links then I wouldn't have to :)Matthew.

Guest Joshieca

>No I dont, and if you posted the links then I wouldn't have>to :)>>Matthew.You already post a link in another thread for the same site, just wondering why you are doing it again.

These 777 shots are new... when I posted the previous link these 777 shots hadn't been published by FSGateway.NetWhen they post their new upcoming "Weather Themes" batch I'll make another post, unless someone else beats me to it :)Matthew.

Guest Joshieca

>These 777 shots are new... when I posted the previous link>these 777 shots hadn't been published by FSGateway.Net>>When they post their new upcoming "Weather Themes" batch I'll>make another post, unless someone else beats me to it :)>:-roll

I personally think that having the lights on during the day will make it possible for me to respond "Have the 777 in sight" without having to lie about it or having the red letters show up, which is so unrealistic.Just my preferrence.

Out of those cloud shots I am yet to see a very popular sight when flying on a commercial jet - a densely packed layer of cumulus clouds below you. I mean densely packed - with absolutely no holes. I see it all the time when flying from SFO to IAD every two months or so yet there was not a single screen shot so far showing something like that. Is it even possible in FS2004 ???Michael J.

Some of the fps on the landing shots look a bit unexciting. FS2K4 just isn't going to run on my system :-(Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)