Sign in to follow this  
fpretat

"S" key

Hello, First sorry for my poor english !I just install C 182RG (c182rg04.zip) (with novc ).Using "S" key I found there is not the virtual cockpit sequence,it's fine.How to get this on my other aircrafts novc .I looked at aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg on that C182RG ,find not my answer.RegardsFrancis

Hi!If I understand you well, you want to get rid of virtual cockpits in other planes.The problem is the VC is (or not) built into the model. So you can't change it.Some advanced (usually) payware aircraft have model options to choose (e.g. LVLD or PMDG).In such cases you can decide whetehr you want the VC or not. Otherwise you have to live with it and search for non-vc models only.However I'm not a model developer so there might be a more sophisticated method to get rid of it.If someone knows, he or she may be so kind to share the knowledge here.

A thread that may be of some help, provided what you want is to get rid of the VC:http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?p=67272

Here is the specifically relevant text from his post:**********************Yes, you can! As far as removing the VC from the A/C model is concerned, it is perfectly possible and actually quite simple to do, involving only a hex editor and two changes to the aircraft.mdl file.A good hex editor can be found here (Hex Workshop 4.1 - shareware but fully functional for long enough to get the job done and then some):http://www.bpsoft.com/downloads/Open the mdl file you want to edit and search for the following hex value: 0022003900In the first two occurences of that string, simply change the 39 in 0022003900 to 00. It should now look like this: 0022000000. Save the changes, OK the creation of the backup file then exit Hex Workshop to test it out in MSFS.I have found that this works on mdl files created in GMAX, FSDS, and FSDS2. It works on the default FS9 A/C, including the new vintage models. It takes two minutes at the most to complete, and if a computer moron like me can do it, then anyone can, including chimpanzees. If you decide to go this route, be sure you use your new mdl file powers for good, not evil.

Ok Thanks for replies.I know how to delete VC in mdl file .(----To keep landing lights on 2D panel the code is to change 00 22 00 39 00 with 00 22 00 38 00----)But I want to delete on "S" key sequence the "virtual cockpit" view that is still maintained present (transparent) after changing the values in mdl file:S key action = cockpit /virtual cockpit/tower/ chase plane/On the C182RG with "S"key it changes directly from "cockpit" to "tower" view .regardsFrancis

I want to delete on "S" key sequence the "virtual cockpit" view that is still maintained present (transparent)
I'm afraid THAT is impossible.

Ok Thanks for replies.I know how to delete VC in mdl file .(----To keep landing lights on 2D panel the code is to change 00 22 00 39 00 with 00 22 00 38 00----)But I want to delete on "S" key sequence the "virtual cockpit" view that is still maintained present (transparent) after changing the values in mdl file:S key action = cockpit /virtual cockpit/tower/ chase plane/On the C182RG with "S"key it changes directly from "cockpit" to "tower" view .regardsFrancis
Hi Francis,The only way I know how is to add a (invisible) gauge that automatically gives another "S" (or shift-S for reverse) if it detects that the current view is VC.I made such a gauge (in XML) in the past, but I have to look it up.If you PM me your Email address, I'll mail it if I can find it again.RobPS: Found the gauge, here's the code:
<Gauge Name="VCViewSkip" Version="1.0"><Keys>  <On Event="VIEW_MODE">1 (>G:Var1)</On>  <On Event="VIEW_MODE_REV">0 (>G:Var1)</On></Keys><Element>  <Select>	<Value>	  (P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE,enum) 2 ==	  if{		(G:Var1) 		if{ (>K:VIEW_MODE) }		els{ (>K:VIEW_MODE_REV) }	  }	</Value>  </Select></Element></Gauge>

To use it:1. copy the code into a textfile (like with Notepad) and save the file as e.g. SkipVC.xml2. In your \gauges folder (or aircraft \panel folder) create a subfolder \ViewSkip\ and move the .xml file there.3. Add the gauge to your panel.cfg asgauge**==ViewSkip!SkipVC,0,0TIP: Assuming that the panel doesn't have a VC section LoL, create one by:[Vcockpit01]texture=DummyFile.bmpgauge00=ViewSkip!SkipVC,0,0This ensures that the gauge is loaded (active) immediately after you load the aircraft (irrespective in what view you are in).Because if you add the gauge to a 2D window, it won't be loaded untill you have cycled through Cockpit view at least once.Rob

Hi Rob,Many thanks.Just test it ,it's working but looks like it's a little erratic for "tower" view not switched every time by "S" key? ?But sure there is no vcview anymore .I look at panel.cfg from Chuck Dome C182RG (c182rg04.zip) didn't fine any hidden gauge .And sure on that plane no vc by "S" key press ?regardsFrancis

Hi Rob,Many thanks.Just test it ,it's working but looks like it's a little erratic for "tower" view not switched every time by "S" key? ?But sure there is no vcview anymore .I look at panel.cfg from Chuck Dome C182RG (c182rg04.zip) didn't fine any hidden gauge .And sure on that plane no vc by "S" key press ?regardsFrancis
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean with "" it's a little erratic for "tower" view not switched every time by "S" key?""Can you please explain in more words what happens exactly ???About the C182RG model: the reason that the "S" key works differently there (ie. skips VC view), probably is that this basically is an FS2002 model (or even older) ! And I guess FS2000/2002 models without VC behave that way in FS9.Rob

Well Rob my english is surely incomprehensible,I try to explain:On "cockpit"view ,pressing "S" key => "Chase plane"view "S" press again =>"Cockpit"view"S" press again =>"Chase plane"view"S" press again => "cockpit" viewsometimes =>"tower"viewIt looks like the common sequence by pressing "S"key is not well done?Sure "vc"view is deleted.I looked at D18novc (Milton Shupe) and L049 FsDzign the "vc"view (useless) is transparent but not deleted.Thanks

Guest dogknot

My thanks, too, Rob! I've had your noVC xml code in my files for quite some time and had no idea who wrote it. Now I do!Just for the sake of an alternate source... Doug Dawson wrote a gauge that allows the user to choose between no2D or noVC.I know it's included in Tom Kohler's Thunderbolt package, among others. It is obviously very easy to port the gauge over for use in other aircraft.==============================FS2004 Republic P-47M-1 Base Package by Tom Kohlerp47m_923.zipLocate the "_DSD" folder located in "Aircraft/_GY_P-47M-1-RE".written by Doug DawsonGauge name: dsd_view_skip.gauquote from: dsd_view_skip.txtThis gauge will allow the user to prevent either the 2D Panel or the VC from being visited as views are scrolled. There are two separate gauge elements, one for each view to be skipped. It is not suggested that both gauge elements be used on the same panel - results will be unpredictable.===============================

My thanks, too, Rob! I've had your noVC xml code in my files for quite some time and had no idea who wrote it. Now I do!Just for the sake of an alternate source... Doug Dawson wrote a gauge that allows the user to choose between no2D or noVC.I know it's included in Tom Kohler's Thunderbolt package, among others. It is obviously very easy to port the gauge over for use in other aircraft.==============================FS2004 Republic P-47M-1 Base Package by Tom Kohlerp47m_923.zipLocate the "_DSD" folder located in "Aircraft/_GY_P-47M-1-RE".written by Doug DawsonGauge name: dsd_view_skip.gauquote from: dsd_view_skip.txtThis gauge will allow the user to prevent either the 2D Panel or the VC from being visited as views are scrolled. There are two separate gauge elements, one for each view to be skipped. It is not suggested that both gauge elements be used on the same panel - results will be unpredictable.===============================
Unfortunately that package is one the "missing" files in the library here. Can you suggest an alternate source?

Guest belga1

Hello,Flightsim have the same P47 package

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Warbirds FS2004 Republic P-47M-1 Thunderbolt[ Download | View ] Name: p47m_926.zip Size: 14,574,855 Date: 02-13-2008 Downloads: 871 FS2004 Republic P-47M-1 Thunderbolt. Additional 3D model option and revised base pack livery (high and& low resolution) texture sets for P-47M-1-RE base pack file P47M_923.ZIP. Package also contains production gauges and revised panel.cfg's. By Tom Kohler.
Note:I suggest allway made a extra search on Flightsim.com library when something fail in Avsim.Regards.bye.gifGus.

Guest dogknot

Yep. Thanks for stepping up, Gus.note: The p47m_926.zip doesn't include the gauge mentioned, but the original Thunderbolt package does. Same file name at flightsim, p47m_923.zip

Yep. Thanks for stepping up, Gus.note: The p47m_926.zip doesn't include the gauge mentioned, but the original Thunderbolt package does. Same file name at flightsim, p47m_923.zip
Now that gauge is just toooooooooooo COOL !!I happen to prefer the 2d cockpit but I know many other prefer VC - you can set it up either way and it works like a charm.Thanks for the heads up on this!! :( :( :(

Well Rob my english is surely incomprehensible,I try to explain:On "cockpit"view ,pressing "S" key => "Chase plane"view "S" press again =>"Cockpit"view"S" press again =>"Chase plane"view"S" press again => "cockpit" viewsometimes =>"tower"viewIt looks like the common sequence by pressing "S"key is not well done?Sure "vc"view is deleted.I looked at D18novc (Milton Shupe) and L049 FsDzign the "vc"view (useless) is transparent but not deleted.Thanks
Hmmm.. that's funny.On my FS9 system I can NEVER get into Chase plane view using the S ("views (cycle)") command; with or without my gauge.Only by using the specific ChaseView commands.Must be something different on your system, but I don't have a clue what ..Rob