Sign in to follow this  
fpretat

"S" key

Guest belga1

Hello,

ChaseView
I wonder if the poster confuse "chase view" with another view option.Regards.bye.gifGus.

Now that gauge is just toooooooooooo COOL !!I happen to prefer the 2d cockpit but I know many other prefer VC - you can set it up either way and it works like a charm.Thanks for the heads up on this!! :( :( :(
Absolutely agree David.Have just tried it in a Meljet 777 and indeed is just what the doctor ordered.I could have done with this a few years ago when i went almost potty trying to remove the Meljet virtual cabin/cockpit(not realising at the time that you could not remove it by deleting textures etc)I will use it on other aircraft as the VC view is unnecessary for me if there isn't one,and I don't like most of them (performance wise) if there is.Good stuff Rob You have been hiding this gauge under a bushel you naughty fellow. B) Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Straight out of the FS9 help file

To change views * Press S to cycle through Cockpit, Virtual Cockpit, Tower, and Spot plane views. (Press SHIFT+S to cycle backwards.) * Press CTRL+S to turn Top-down view on or off.
I think he means spot plane when he says chase.Not to wander too far off-thread, can that gauge be written to exclude the tower view? That's the view I can do without 98% of the time.thanks,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Good stuff Rob You have been hiding this gauge under a bushel you naughty fellow. :( Andy
Actually, I did release it in some addon; I just can't remember in which one ..LoLCheers, Rob

Well Rob my english is surely incomprehensible,I try to explain:On "cockpit"view ,pressing "S" key => "Chase plane"view "S" press again =>"Cockpit"view"S" press again =>"Chase plane"view"S" press again => "cockpit" viewsometimes =>"tower"viewIt looks like the common sequence by pressing "S"key is not well done?Sure "vc"view is deleted.I looked at D18novc (Milton Shupe) and L049 FsDzign the "vc"view (useless) is transparent but not deleted.Thanks
Ignore my post about not understanding ...LoL .. I do now (I think).First of all, the order is:CockpitView -- TowerView -- SpotView -- etc ..What you call ChaseView is actually TowerView.It may look like a ChaseView if the Tower position is a long distance away.Now, what can actually happen at low framerates (less then 15 fps), is that my gauge gives a S command twice.Causing not only the VCView, but also the TowerView to be skipped as well.This is caused by FS not updating XML variables (ie. the ViewMode variable) fast enough at low framerates, compared to the schedule-rate of the gauge.A well-known fenomenon, which I forgot to protect myself to in this gauge.You can solve it by adding to the gauge code, after the first line:
<Update Frequency="4"/>

so it becomes

<Gauge Name="VCViewSkip" Version="1.0"><Update Frequency="4"/><Keys>etc ....

That should solve what I think your problem is. Right ?Cheers, Rob

Straight out of the FS9 help fileI think he means spot plane when he says chase.Not to wander too far off-thread, can that gauge be written to exclude the tower view? That's the view I can do without 98% of the time.thanks,Joe
Hi Joe,Yes, actually very easy..In the line
(P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE,enum) 2 ==

replace the 2 by 3, and name the gauge SkipTower.xml or so.Now the TowerView is skipped instead of the VCView.Cheers, RobPS: Note the remark about adding UpdateFrequency in the previous post.

Now that gauge is just toooooooooooo COOL !!I happen to prefer the 2d cockpit but I know many other prefer VC - you can set it up either way and it works like a charm.Thanks for the heads up on this!! :( :( :(
Just so there is no confusion - the gauge I am so happy with is the one by Douglas S. Dawson which is found in the p47m_923.zip package from Flightsim.The gauge name is: dsd_view_skip.gauHis syntax is:gaugeXX=dsd_view_skip!no_2d, 0,0,5,5orgaugeXX=dsd_view_skip!no_vc, 0,0,5,5

Just so there is no confusion - the gauge I am so happy with is the one by Douglas S. Dawson which is found in the p47m_923.zip package from Flightsim.The gauge name is: dsd_view_skip.gauHis syntax is:gaugeXX=dsd_view_skip!no_2d, 0,0,5,5orgaugeXX=dsd_view_skip!no_vc, 0,0,5,5
Ah!First my apologies to Rob.David I keep getting my Dawson's,Dowson's and Berendregt's mixed up.The gauge I have installed is indeed the one you describe above,BUT! I am sure Rob's is just as good,and if it is then they are both VERY good indeed and that makes everything jolly good all-round.Andy :(

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi Dave,There's more then one way leading to Rome ...(if you know the expression ..LoL)I can remember we had this discussion on ViewSkipping a few years back in the Aircraft/Panel design forum (with Doug, and, I believe, Bill) and I'm fairly sure Dougs gauge does exactly the same as my XML gauge above ....Doug usually programs gauges in "C/C++" , me in XML.I surely don't want to turn this in a "C/C++" vs. "XML" designer discussion. Both have their advantages/disadvantages.Although I'm the first to admit that you simply cannot do everything in an XML gauge that you can do in a C/C++ coded .gau gauge.With Dougs gauges for XML Sound play, and interfacing to FSUIPC (which I use in my VTOL gauges) as good examples; and for which I'm eternally gratefull to Doug creating those.For what it's worth ....LoLEuhhh... who said "off-topic" ... -:-)Cheers, Rob

Don't get me wrong Rob - I have always admired (and used) many of your gauges and I have often referred to you as the "guru of gauges".I just had never run across Doug's work before and was impressed with the "skip" idea.Without guys like you and Doug we would be probably still be flying paper airplanes.

Ah!First my apologies to Rob.David I keep getting my Dawson's,Dowson's and Berendregt's mixed up.The gauge I have installed is indeed the one you describe above,BUT! I am sure Rob's is just as good,and if it is then they are both VERY good indeed and that makes everything jolly good all-round.Andy :(
Andy, you might also find this useful:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=SearchIt adds an Icon to any panel which brings up the Spot (or sometimes called Chase) view in a small box while you are still in cockpit view. The Spot view can be adjusted using your hat switch.It is useful for a last minute quick check to see if yiur gear is really down - amongst other things.

Hello,Rob thanks for the new xml code , it's working fine now.And sorry for the confusion chase/spot plane ,but here on my FS9 french version it's called "avion d'observation"!!I'll try to remove the tower view too.regardsFrancis

Hello,Rob thanks for the new xml code , it's working fine now.And sorry for the confusion chase/spot plane ,but here on my FS9 french version it's called "avion d'observation"!!I'll try to remove the tower view too.regardsFrancis
Glad it works OK now.By the way (as you might have guessed):1: removes Cockpit view4: removes SpotPlane viewAnd before someone asks :-) :You can also omit two views from the cycle.Eg. Replacing
	  (P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE,enum) 2 ==

by

(P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE,enum) 2 ==	  (P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE,enum) 3 == ||

removes both the VC and tower view.Cheers, RobPS: And for the purists: in case you want 3 views removed: you better leave the S command untouched instead ...LoL

Hmmm.. that's funny.On my FS9 system I can NEVER get into Chase plane view using the S ("views (cycle)") command; with or without my gauge.Only by using the specific ChaseView commands.Must be something different on your system, but I don't have a clue what ..Rob
I also have your gauge and, like you, have no problems in changing views.

I also have your gauge and, like you, have no problems in changing views.
Hi mgh,Maybe you missed one of the previous posts, where I added/explained the UpdateFrequency.Because, without that and with low framerates (<10 or so), you DO get the problem occasionally where the gauge skips 2 views instead of one :-)Cheers, Rob