Sign in to follow this  
dcal

FSX on Samsung LCD HDTV

I had my sim rig setup to run sharing a monitor with the wife's internet machine and at the request of the wife I've moved the sim rig to the bedroom where I'm running it on a Samsung 42" LCD HDTV. The resolution could be a little sharper, but the sheer size of the display really brings an element of realism to the sim. I use TrackIR so I feel as though I really need to sit up straight to see over the panel on approach. It's a nice effect.Anybody else running a setup like that? Any tips?

Hi, I have been using a 37" lcd tv (1920 x 1080) for over a year, and I am enjoying it. I can't see myself going back to my 24" monitor. I know using this bigger screen reduces the sharpness level (over using the 24"), but I would rather have "bigger" runways, houses, and guages even if it means less sharpness.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Guest rdg

Hi,I am using a 28" monitor and at first I was amazed of it's size, but now I could see going to something bigger. Size does matter (-: at least that is what I have been told. Mine is big enough though but would like to have a bigger one.RegardsBob G

Guest ThrottleUp

Very interesting reading this...I sometimes wonder how FSX would look on one of these big TVs. What is the res of that 42"? :(

Guest FelixFFDS
I had my sim rig setup to run sharing a monitor with the wife's internet machine and at the request of the wife I've moved the sim rig to the bedroom where I'm running it on a Samsung 42" LCD HDTV. The resolution could be a little sharper, but the sheer size of the display really brings an element of realism to the sim. I use TrackIR so I feel as though I really need to sit up straight to see over the panel on approach. It's a nice effect.Anybody else running a setup like that? Any tips?
Is envy an allowable response?(wonders what my wife would think if I move my sim rig to the family room and ...... )

Very interesting reading this...I sometimes wonder how FSX would look on one of these big TVs. What is the res of that 42"? :(
19something by 76something. I'll check later. It's far from perfect, this LCD is a little bit old, I bet it would look better on a newer model with a better native resolution. But it is nice to be able to make out the runways from further away and stuff like that.

Guest scottmm73
19something by 76something. I'll check later. It's far from perfect, this LCD is a little bit old, I bet it would look better on a newer model with a better native resolution. But it is nice to be able to make out the runways from further away and stuff like that.
If its a 1080P. Res should be 1920 x 1080.Can you use the HDMI connection or the Analog?

Guest cbuchner1
I hate my Samsung 37 inch LCD TV for running some stupid post-sharpening filters on the image. These are hard to disable. It completely ruins the experience with red/green or red/blue anaglyph glasses.An image that comes in via HDMI is already digital and shoult not be post-processed. Someone please tell that Samsung.Christian

I was using a 32 inch JVC LCD 1080P. I agree it is less sharp than my 22 inch LCD monitor..I tried everything to sharpen it up but to no avail. I kina lost the 32 inch when my granddaughter moved in with us LOL so it is really not an issue now. I would like to know why is it less sharp? Is it because of the size of the screen vs pixel size that is the issue?THanks, Larry

Guest scottmm73
I was using a 32 inch JVC LCD 1080P. I agree it is less sharp than my 22 inch LCD monitor..I tried everything to sharpen it up but to no avail. I kina lost the 32 inch when my granddaughter moved in with us LOL so it is really not an issue now. I would like to know why is it less sharp? Is it because of the size of the screen vs pixel size that is the issue?THanks, Larry
My first response would be the real estate it is covering. Lets assume both screens are 1920 X 1080. That means 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high. Now on the 22 inch there would be less space between pixels because it is more compressed than the 32 inch. I may be way off base here, but I think that is how it is supposed to work.

Guest ThrottleUp

Thanks for the info :) I need to keep an eye on what my buddies are gonna get when it comes to big screen LCD TVs...maybe I could persuade them to cart it over so I can hook it up to my PC so I can see what it looks like!

If its a 1080P. Res should be 1920 x 1080.Can you use the HDMI connection or the Analog?
My vid card only has a DVI output, but I have a DVI to HDMI cable that works pretty well.

Mine is a 9ft DLP projector, I run at 1280x768. Not the highest resolution but at this size it doesn't matter much, it's crystal clear. I can use 1920x1080 but it would be interpolative

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

My first response would be the real estate it is covering. Lets assume both screens are 1920 X 1080. That means 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high. Now on the 22 inch there would be less space between pixels because it is more compressed than the 32 inch. I may be way off base here, but I think that is how it is supposed to work.
Also, remember that many computer monitors are 1920 x 1280. I've tried the 1900 x 1080, and that extra 200 pixels makes a difference.