Sign in to follow this  
AndyR

MEMORY CHOICE ON i 975 SYSTEM BUILD HELP PLEASE

Hi there everybody, Please could any of you guys give me some info on what memory is the fastest for my NEW BUILD i 975 FSX system.I have a choice between 1866 corsair dominator 7-8-7-20 / or corsair dominator 2000 at 8-8-8-24.Will anyone with any advice on which would be the fastest out of these two kits please post info , or if there is anything any faster than the corsair dominators on the market.system build to dateAsus P6T Deluxe v2i Core 975 (hope to clock it to 4.5ghz)Thermaltake Xaser v1 Refrigerated case (20deg better than water cool)BFG H2/0 295 gtxMemory to be confirmed (ON YOUR ADVICE)1 TB 7000rpm ( for op system & storage)300 Gig 10000 rpm (FSX)1300 watts tagan power unitDell 24" wp monitorWOULD HOPE TO HAVE THIS BEAST UP AND RUNNING BY THE END OF THE WEEK ANYBODY GOT ANY ADVICE PLEASE i WOULD BE VERY GREATFULL !AndyR

Thanks for that reply Nick, do you no weather Newegg ship to the Uk ? also Nick a quick question ,When I set Up my system do I have to have a operating system on my 10,000rpm drive even though i have a operating system on my 1tb drive (win7).Will be setting it up as your Guide spec says so will keep you posted on its performanc & bench marks Later, Thanks once againmate . AndyR

Newegg does not ship to the UK. You can try buying from overclockers.co.uk. Most anything on this page will do.
Thanks MaxC, Will go For The Corsair 2000 / 8-8-8-24 I think they look to be The best in the uk,Just held back a few weeks because of problems with early batch,s had faulty chips but the New ones shoud be ok.Just a bit concerned about the memory timings bieng 8-8-8-24 ? what do you think mate.andyR

CL8 @ 2GHz is hardly a cause for concern. CL7 or even 6 would be ideal but that's a lot to ask for. CL8 DDR3 2000 has the same access latency as CL4 DDR2 1000 and twice the bandwidth, hardly slow.