Bryan,The PF/PNF interaction at take-off/climb-out is extremely engrossing, but I'm a little unsure what the PNF is doing some of the time. Specifically, what actions are taken when as PNF I call "SET CLIMB THRUST" and "SET FLAPS UP SPEED". I'm setting an N1 % prior to take-off and using the N1 (TO/GA) button on the MCP at the commencement of the T/O roll, so it's in N1 A/T mode during climb out. Therefore, my assumption is that a reduced N1 % is selected on the CLIMB THRUST call. As for the other, I'd assume a SPEED HOLD mode would have been selected followed by a speed command to 210-220 knots. The latter is not happening though, so I end up issuing a verbal SPEED HOLD and SPEED 220 command. Is that how you plan it working?Finally, one little request - how about a verbal CLEAR ON THE LEFT followed by the FO calling CLEAR ON THE RIGHT after the taxi light is turned on?Cheers,Andy

I'm setting an N1 % prior to take-off and using the N1 (TO/GA) button on the MCP at the commencement of the T/O roll, so it's in N1 A/T mode during climb out. Therefore, my assumption is that a reduced N1 % is selected on the CLIMB THRUST call. As for the other, I'd assume a SPEED HOLD mode would have been selected followed by a speed command to 210-220 knots. The latter is not happening though, so I end up issuing a verbal SPEED HOLD and SPEED 220 command. Is that how you plan it working?
Hi AndyUnfortunately, the busy take off and initial climb out stage is where the FSX default 737 differs a lot from it's real world counterpart (my opinion). Let me try to explain how FS2Crew does things.Are you pressing CTRL-SHIFT-G to go into TO/GA mode? That would be the case with the real aircraft but I don't recommend it with the default 737. For some reason it sets a thrust lower than what's set on the selector. Instead set the thrust manually to a desired takeoff setting.The FO will set the N1 limit to 95% during his Preflight flow, which is the climb thrust value. As you know, when N1 is engeged, the autothrust will set and hold this value (in the default 737 more or less accurately). "SET CLIMB THRUST" command will make FO engage N1 mode. Do this when you reach thrust reduction altitude, usually 800-1000ft above departure airport elevation, or whenever necessary."SET FLAPS UP SPEED" - the FO will set the speed to 210 knots (if the autopilot is off, if not, he will monitor that you set it). You then can ask him to engage speed hold separately, or you can accelerate and hold this speed by controlling aircraft pitch. If speed hold was engaged by default at this stage, the autothrust system would automatically reduce thrust when you reach 210. You'd probably want to continue accelerating to 250 and beyond so that wouldn't be desireable. Anyway, you can ask the FO to set SPEED HOLD separately.You might know the real aircraft would have autopilot modes for that same function, called "FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE" or VNAV which are missing from the default 737. They would enable you to hold a climb thrust setting while the autopilot maintains the set speed by pitch. Only in level flight would speed hold be engaged and speed controlled by autothrust.Unfortunately the only vertical mode default autopilot has is the Vertical Speed mode, so we need to some more manual flying. :( Hope that helpsKimmo Kylevoice set managementBanner_FS2Crew_Team.png

Finally, one little request - how about a verbal CLEAR ON THE LEFT followed by the FO calling CLEAR ON THE RIGHT after the taxi light is turned on?Cheers,Andy
At the airline we modeled, that call is not listed in their SOPs. However I can easily add it to the next update very easily as a user request.Cheers,

At the airline we modeled, that call is not listed in their SOPs. However I can easily add it to the next update very easily as a user request.Cheers,
Cheers Bryan. And Kimmo, thanks for the clear and thorough explanation. All is clear now. I'm now sold on the product. For the reasons I mentioned elsewhere, I had misgivings at first, but my mind is racing (well, stumbling, anyway) with how good this would be with a high-end product. Anything from PMDG is a given, and I have a soft-spot for the old F1 ATR, but I'd also ask you to consider some of the other high-complexity aircraft around, especially the Fly The Maddog MD-82. Anyway, thanks again for the help and a great product.CheersAndy

Cheers Bryan. And Kimmo, thanks for the clear and thorough explanation. All is clear now. I'm now sold on the product. For the reasons I mentioned elsewhere, I had misgivings at first, but my mind is racing (well, stumbling, anyway) with how good this would be with a high-end product. Anything from PMDG is a given, and I have a soft-spot for the old F1 ATR, but I'd also ask you to consider some of the other high-complexity aircraft around, especially the Fly The Maddog MD-82. Anyway, thanks again for the help and a great product.CheersAndy
Hi Andy,Glad to hear you're liking it :( Do spread the word about it if able.As I mentioned before, once you get some practice in and get used to the system, it's pretty smooth.How is the speech recognition handling your accent?What kind of recognition success rate are you getting?

Bryan,I noticed I never replied to your last couple of questions. The answer is - much better. The only stumbling block now is 'altitude'. FS2Crew seems to only recognise 'altitoood'. Look, I could handle losing the War of Independence....but was it really necessary to go and mangle our language as well?? :( Andy

Glad to hear off all the many words, "altitude" is the only stumbling block with your accent.I'm sitting here trying to put on my best fake British accent to try to determine the difference between the Brit pronunciation for "Altitude" versus the American style.Please write out how a typical Brit would say "altitude" and I can add it to the speech recognition list for the next update.

Altitude is strange for me too as well as the "RTO" for the autobrake. But still, works fine now for me except I got a feeling that something is wrong with the after take off checklist, like hearing it double. By the way Bryan, where do you come from? itifonhom

A Brit would say 'Alti-chewed'. A US accent doesn't pronounce the 'y' sound so it comes out alti-tood.

A Brit would say 'Alti-chewed'. A US accent doesn't pronounce the 'y' sound so it comes out alti-tood.
I'll try to add that to the next update. How would you pronounce R.T.O.?I would say it: "are-tee-ooh"But a Brit would generally say it: "our-tee-oh"?

I'll try to add that to the next update. How would you pronounce R.T.O.?I would say it: "are-tee-ooh"But a Brit would generally say it: "our-tee-oh"?
Nope, same as your ARE-TEE-OH

I think living in Germany affected my english. I realized yesterday that I actually called "er-te-oh" all the time!!! Yesterday tried the "are-tee-ooh" version and guess what, works!! itifonhom

Andy, do you ever have a problem with the speech recognition system accepting R-T-O?
A bit, at first, but I realised that it needed saying with a relatively clear distinction between in each letter, and then I've had no problems after that. Altitude still gives me problems though. I also found that whenever the FS2crew speech recognition is started, either by the initial start using the flap gauge or if the VR is stopped and restarted in a session, my mic input level in the Creative mixer panel is always auto-adjusted to 100%. Since finding THAT out, the whole performance is MUCH better, and I just need to work how how to keep my input level at my sweet-spot, around 30%.Andy