Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Airfile Editing With AirEd

Guest JohnN

Hi,TopGun started a thread on "Braking Effectiveness" and several guys pointed to the "AirEd" utility file. Thanks to that discussion, I downloaded/installed the file (thanks to the guys who contributed comments in the thread) and tried to utilize it.Unfortunately, clicking on the 'Braking' line doesn't display a box for changing the value - as the instructions indicate it would. Further, some aircraft currently have the maximum value (+32768), some have +22000, while others have a series of " [[[[[[[[[[[[[[ " marks.Anyone have any thoughts on the subject? I'd appreciate seeing them if you have.Regards,John

Guest hermes

for me when clicking on the number a box appear where you can type new value : see picture below

Guest JohnN

Hi Hermes,What you show is exactly what the help file says should happen. My problem is that the block for changing a value doesn't appear. I can't imagine why the program takes me up to that point OK, but then fails to work.Thanks for the response.John

Are you sure the AIR file is not Read-Only? Right click it in Windows and select Properties. Uncheck the read only box.Also, try FDE from www.abacuspub.com, which will also edit the AIR file - maybe that will work better for you (it's free too).Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Douglas K

Try moving your mouse pointer over the horizontal and vertical edges of AirEd's display window, and when the pointer changes to arrows then simply drag the arrows to expand the window, especially in the horizontal dimension.This solved the problem for me, as after the intial install I also found that AirEd would not display the edit box when the horizontal window dimension was too small.I drag it to fit most of the screen and haven't had any further problems with it.

Guest JohnN

Hi Douglas,Well, your suggestion was the answer. I expanded the window and now everything works. Incidentally, tgibson's mention of the possibility that the air file was 'read only'got me looking for it, but I never could get it displayed in Windows Explorer. It seems that the only way to view it is in AirEd. Thanks for all who offered to help.Regards, JOhn