Sign in to follow this  
Guest MILman

Unreadable Readme

Guest MILman

Hello All,Quick question:I just downloaded Vladimir Zyhulsky's C-123K "Provider" from right here at AVSIM.com.The only problem I'm having is that I can't seem to make head or tail of the readme.txt file enclosed in the package... it's not written very well so it's really difficult to understand.Has anyone else downloaded/installed this aircraft and can help me out with it?Thanks,MILMan.FILE NAME: c123zhv3.zip"What're you doin' Mav? We' 'got no fuel for this!"

Guest belga1

Hello,The readme is a DOC file formatYou can also try use instead the C123/ReadMe.htm fileRegards.bye.gifGus.

What are your specific problems?Looks like a fairly straightforward install.He does recommend unzipping GAU.ZIP and placing the gauges in ...\FS9\Gauges, I like to put addon gauges in that addons panel folder so if I decide to delete the plane the gauges go with it.One unusual step I see is to copy the Douglas_DC3.cab file from the DC-3 panel folder to the main gauges folder. Depending on what other addons you have it might already be there, I have had it there for a while.The effects go in....\FS9\Effects, their textures go in....\FS9\Effects\texture.Lots of animations included. One of which is assigned to the wingfold command which does not have a default key assignment, if I remember correctly. If you have not assigned it yet, you can do so in the sim settings.If you have other questions please post them here.Hope this helps,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I am finally in the process of installing this plane and discovered another peculiarity pertaining to the install.The file GAU.ZIP is located in the panel folder, not in the C123 folder as I first believed.Also MILMan, curious how your doing with this plane.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest MILman

Hey guys/gals.Just thought I'd drop in and say thanks for all the help!I did get that C-123 "Provider" to install... kinda... I just couldn't quite get what I was supposed to do (before I read all of your replies!). The one thing that seemed to bother me more than the gauge problems is the interior (Blue/white... that doesn't seem very "Military" to me :().I decided to ditch it anyway and focus more on lighter/faster birds (IE: Fighters).Quote: "You're not going to be happy unless you're goin' Mach 2 with your hair on fire.."Sigh... that's me to a T.Anyway, thanks again for all the good advice.MILman.My thoughts and prayers are with those of you in the California Fire Zone.

Guest napamule

Gus,Nice video. What? Go arounds? (hehe). Nice landing though-4 stars. And you can move the tower in FS9, you know.Vladimir is Russian (Ukraine), so the translation is a little fuzzy. But you should be able to 'read between the lines' and figure everything out (eventually). He has others working for him so they tell each other that it's 'gooot' and they believe it (hehe). I DO believe this is a '2k2/2k4' older model, but it still works ok, I guess. What you want for a nickel - dollar change?!Chuck BNapamule

Guest MILman
What you want for a nickel - dollar change?!Chuck BNapamule
True that NM, true that.That's why they don't call it PAYware.I will say that it is good to see people from other countries... nay, around the world... are getting involved in FS. Shows that it's not just American Fare... or unfair for that matter :(.MILman...True or False:The "Mig-28" Aircraft mentioned in TOP GUN are actually repainted one and two seater F-5E "Tiger II's"?2). The Carrier(s) featured in the movie "Top Gun" were CVN - ?? (and or CVN - ??)(Not sure about this one myself, but) 3). If there was more than one carrier featured in the movie... which ones were they (Names?).