Sign in to follow this  
Guest JamesWoods

cs767 sound issues solved or solvable

Guest JamesWoods

1 - if you get no cockpit sounds , Google this file msvcr71.dll , and put it in your FSX root folder. Thanks to tim_capps for this2 - If you get engine sounds when cs767 cold and dark, only fix i know is to replace the cs767 sound with the Tss 767 sound package, this works for me.3 - If you want to improve the poor frames of cs767, use the ACE tool to turn off CABIN view by selecting Flight Deck only option .4 - If you wondering why cs767 has got poor fps performance, then using a registered version of fsuipc , turn on logging of events, this opens a screen that shows cs767 bombarding FSX with about a thousand useless overhead panel messages a second. To put things in perspective you should only get this event messgaes really only when you do something in FSX like turn a switch etc. But the messages cs767 is bombarding FSX with are totally unprovoked in any way, they are very many , very fast and the same two messages over and over , to do with fuel selector and anti ice.If anybody can find fix for this useless event message issue, i think the cs767 frame rates will jump up by much.I have also raised a ticket on this issue with CS, but more often this days, fellow simmers tend to find the answers first, as is obvious from tim_capps help to fix the cockpit sound issue.Is there anyway to disable fsx event/control messages using registerd fsuipc. Maybe disbaling the useless messages could fix the problem.

Let me hasten to add that I did not originate this fix, but only confirmed that it worked for me on the 767. I got it from a long thread in the 757 forum over at CS. The trick was to put it in the FSX folder, not the System 32.I'll also add, since you brought it up here, that if you are plagued by outside sounds when there is no engine running, cycle through your interior views and then your exterior views, starting with the right wing (which is naturally the first). It may take several circuits on the outside views to get your phantom engines to shut up. This is what CS suggested, and it hasn't failed me yet.I was surprised that dumping the cabin only gained me a couple of FPS, so I think I'll keep it on, but YMMV and even two more reliable FPS can help.Finally, McPhat's Delta 767 by Dave Sweetman is out today for the CS767 here. Enjoy!