Sign in to follow this  
Mudhendriver

IRIS F-16D Comments?

Looks interesting. Any comments? RP
Hello Mudhendriver,There is a thread over at Simouthouse that is pretty lengthy discussing the F-16D from Iris. The forum over there is a little more military aircraft inclined than this one, so you might want to check out this thread regarding your inquiry:http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=21521Hope this helps! :(

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hello Mudhendriver,There is a thread over at Simouthouse that is pretty lengthy discussing the F-16D from Iris. The forum over there is a little more military aircraft inclined than this one, so you might want to check out this thread regarding your inquiry:http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=21521Hope this helps! :(
Copy...thanks!

Copy...thanks!
Np! Anytime. :)

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I have it. I've only flown it 2 or 3 times. I have no issues at all so far. The sound transitions nicely when panning around in spot view. Most cockpit switches and systems are detailed. It flight handling seems smooth. For the first time I get an F-16 that is fast but not radical. Acceleration is very smooth and controllable. For me it was worth waiting for. There are a few Active duty Reserves and Air National Guard repaints that come with the plane. Go for it. I am still considering the Aerosoft F-16C and doing some single seat operations as well.

Keith Guillory

I have it. I've only flown it 2 or 3 times. I have no issues at all so far. The sound transitions nicely when panning around in spot view. Most cockpit switches and systems are detailed. It flight handling seems smooth. For the first time I get an F-16 that is fast but not radical. Acceleration is very smooth and controllable. For me it was worth waiting for. There are a few Active duty Reserves and Air National Guard repaints that come with the plane. Go for it. I am still considering the Aerosoft F-16C and doing some single seat operations as well.
KeithHow's the frame impact? I recall the IRIS F-15E a couple years ago and it beat down most systems at the time. Hoping the Viper D is better in that regard. Thanks!RP

KeithHow's the frame impact? I recall the IRIS F-15E a couple years ago and it beat down most systems at the time. Hoping the Viper D is better in that regard. Thanks!RP
RP,I just did a closed pattern over KFAT using the "Ferry" configuration Center tank and one tank on each wing. I was getting on average 18-20 fps while viewing from outside the aircraft and on the ground at Fresno. I can't complain about that. I had my Firefox with multiple tabs open and minimized at the same time. My desktop is not that hot of a setup.

Keith Guillory

People are saying that there is an issue with Afterburner in FSX SP2 (Seems that don

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I actually never tried to use it until you mentioned this. I did a couple of patterns but that was low and slow. I only get nozzle movement and flashes of some heat for a second or two and then goes away. I will go back and read to make sure I'm not forgetting to set something.

Keith Guillory

Guest Dougie

Flavio, there are issues with the afterburners. It seems that it happens with a certain NVidia driver. But keeping the drivers current seems to fix any problems.The afterburner effect was made for Acceleration so it may not work in Sp1/Sp2/RTM.It will definitely work with FSX Acceleration.

Flavio, there are issues with the afterburners. It seems that it happens with a certain NVidia driver. But keeping the drivers current seems to fix any problems.The afterburner effect was made for Acceleration so it may not work in Sp1/Sp2/RTM.It will definitely work with FSX Acceleration.
Ok, but the nvidia driver that i

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

RP,I just did a closed pattern over KFAT using the "Ferry" configuration Center tank and one tank on each wing. I was getting on average 18-20 fps while viewing from outside the aircraft and on the ground at Fresno. I can't complain about that. I had my Firefox with multiple tabs open and minimized at the same time. My desktop is not that hot of a setup.
KFAT is my home airport. :(

Ark

KFAT is my home airport. :(
I grew up in Fresno and stayed until 1994. And lived on Dakota Ave not too far from the airport. I was a little taken back that Iris identifies the Ca ANG as March ARB. While they do go to March, they come home and park at Fresno Yosemite. I can remember when the F-106s went away, then F-4Ds were onboard for a few years and then the F-16s. It was an interesting place in the 70's and 80's because a lot of stuff would fly through, F-111, F-104, A-4, E-3 AWACS, all sorts of stuff. Of course I wanted to fly every single one of them.On the afterburner issue, I did something with my NVidia settings the other day. I might change that back and see if I can re-light the fire!

Keith Guillory

Guest SiX_Shooter
I grew up in Fresno and stayed until 1994. And lived on Dakota Ave not too far from the airport. I was a little taken back that Iris identifies the Ca ANG as March ARB. While they do go to March, they come home and park at Fresno Yosemite. I can remember when the F-106s went away, then F-4Ds were onboard for a few years and then the F-16s. It was an interesting place in the 70's and 80's because a lot of stuff would fly through, F-111, F-104, A-4, E-3 AWACS, all sorts of stuff. Of course I wanted to fly every single one of them.On the afterburner issue, I did something with my NVidia settings the other day. I might change that back and see if I can re-light the fire!
The Fresno guys do stay at March. They keep a 24hr Detachment squadron there, although their garrison is at KFAT.

Guest Dougie

Flavio, there is a SP2 patch installer that comes with it. in the IRIS Pro Series Folder inside the FSX root directory.Sorry, I forgot to add that :( hehe