Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

How to remove water inside airport tiles?

I forgot to take a picture, but I think I can explain it. If you go to South Bimini in FSX (MYBS), there is water "bleeding" up through directly on either side of the runway. If you run off the runway at all, you splash into water. The coastline itself is fine relative to the airport, but the water textures still appear under the airport. Is there an easy way for someone like me to fix this? (I was trying ADE9X but either I didn't have the right excludes or I don't know what I'm doing). I was hoping something simpler like AFX would fix this (don't own it yet). I was going to start a project of at least making minor enhancements to some fields in the Bahamas, and the first one I tried I ran across this. Any advice?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest LCSims

Sorry to say that I don't see what you're describing. Went to MYBS, "drove" the trike around the area where the airport is and any time I got off pavement it kicked up dirt. I would start by looking for any addons that may be causing the problems you see.

Sorry to say that I don't see what you're describing. Went to MYBS, "drove" the trike around the area where the airport is and any time I got off pavement it kicked up dirt. I would start by looking for any addons that may be causing the problems you see.
That's interesting. It must be UTX Usa. I just bought FSX the other day and that's all I own. Unless it is FlyTampa's St Maarten, but that seems way too far away.

Craig from KBUF

I don't see any problems with fsx sp1. Make sure you have UTX USA 1.3.1 installed and run the configuration program again.scott s..

I figured out that it is definitely UTX. I disabled the USA water and it went away.I also made the newbie mistake of assuming I had the latest version :( I just bought it so I neglected to check for patches, and it turns out I still have a few to run.

Craig from KBUF

I have the opposite problem. My sea level seems to be too low, and land features stick up (slightly) above the water surface near coastlines. I used to solve the problem by using the "fsx_modified_terrain_cfg" by Richard Ludowise and Luis F

Hello Dave, You can change the cfg file yourself quite easily. Just follow the instructions included, only do the reverse:What if I don't want water on slopes?Perhaps you feel that it is better to have the occasional patch of rock in a river than water climbing up a slope.No problem. Please install this modified terrain.cfg anyway, as it will still provide many advantages for future scenery, and follow these simple instructions;1. after installing the file as per the above instructions, double-click to open it (using Notepad)2. scroll down to the sections // Hydro Polygons - Default - Perennial[Texture.194]Name=Hydro_Polygons_Default_PerennialColor=FF2938FFguid={CB2D5672-CCBC-429B-BA43-2EA24E37EF4C}LegacyId=1209Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKE_0Size=4FlattenMode=slopeFlattenPriority=41000ExcludeAutogen=YesRenderToTexture=YesRenderPriority=81000Water=Yes...........to// Hydro Polygons - Generic Ocean - Perennial[Texture.199]Name=Hydro_Polygons_Generic_Ocean_PerennialColor=FF2938FFguid={2D103429-89EB-4CB3-A61E-E188E79C77E7}Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKE_0FlattenMode=slopeFlattenPriority=41000ExcludeAutogen=YesRenderToTexture=YesRenderPriority=81000Water=Yes3. there are 6 sections defining FS X water bodies. In each section, you will find the key:Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKE_04. in each section, change this to Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKEPlease notice that the only difference is the missing ( _0 )5. That is it!So, everywhere you see:Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKEchange it to:Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKE_0Good luck.Best regards.Luis

Hello Dave, You can change the cfg file yourself quite easily. Just follow the instructions included, only do the reverse:What if I don't want water on slopes?Perhaps you feel that it is better to have the occasional patch of rock in a river than water climbing up a slope.No problem. Please install this modified terrain.cfg anyway, as it will still provide many advantages for future scenery, and follow these simple instructions;1. after installing the file as per the above instructions, double-click to open it (using Notepad)2. scroll down to the sections // Hydro Polygons - Default - Perennial[Texture.194]Name=Hydro_Polygons_Default_PerennialColor=FF2938FFguid={CB2D5672-CCBC-429B-BA43-2EA24E37EF4C}LegacyId=1209Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKE_0Size=4FlattenMode=slopeFlattenPriority=41000ExcludeAutogen=YesRenderToTexture=YesRenderPriority=81000Water=Yes...........to// Hydro Polygons - Generic Ocean - Perennial[Texture.199]Name=Hydro_Polygons_Generic_Ocean_PerennialColor=FF2938FFguid={2D103429-89EB-4CB3-A61E-E188E79C77E7}Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKE_0FlattenMode=slopeFlattenPriority=41000ExcludeAutogen=YesRenderToTexture=YesRenderPriority=81000Water=Yes3. there are 6 sections defining FS X water bodies. In each section, you will find the key:Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKE_04. in each section, change this to Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKEPlease notice that the only difference is the missing ( _0 )5. That is it!So, everywhere you see:Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKEchange it to:Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKE_0Good luck.Best regards.Luis
Thanks for the response, Luis. I read the .html file that came with your modified terrain file, and tried that before, but it did not work. Using only your modified file, I now get the attached scenery. Must be something else in my scenery files that causes the problem, because your modified file worked for me before.

Thanks for the response, Luis. I read the .html file that came with your modified terrain file, and tried that before, but it did not work. Using only your modified file, I now get the attached scenery. Must be something else in my scenery files that causes the problem, because your modified file worked for me before.
EDIT: Sorry, meant to show this one, using the modified terrain file.

Hello Dave,That does not look to be a problem with the terrain.cfg file, but rather seems to be some sort of exclusion - perhaps you have some scenery that modifies the area.Best regards.Luis

Hello Dave,That does not look to be a problem with the terrain.cfg file, but rather seems to be some sort of exclusion - perhaps you have some scenery that modifies the area.Best regards.Luis
Thanks, again, Luis. I tried again with your modified terrain file, and it seems to work now, except that I cannot use moving traffic, as traffic does not line up with the roads (USRoads). But I had rather have your terrain fix than moving cars, so thanks again.If you ever feel like more work, making your file work with USRoads and moving traffic would be great.Dave Hinson

Hello Dave,The modified terrain.cfg file does not make any changes to freeway traffic and is not the cause of that alignment problem. Rather, I imagine that you have removed or deleted one of the US Roads files while resolving this problem.Best regards.Luis