Sign in to follow this  
downscc

PMDG J41 Stop Latches

Well so far i can make this thing burn like no tomorrow. lol I can tell you this out of all my add ons so far this is by far the hardest to start but like everything else some practice will help. As I seem to be having trouble getting the start locks to engage to keep the props flat. But I just bought it so what can I expect in the first few hrs with out reading the manual. That will start tomorrow.Only one bug I have found so far on my end. after using the J41 when I exit fsx i get an error that fsx has crashed. I havent done search yet but will check this out later today to see if it is from the add on of this a/c or if it is now doing it with all a/c on exit.

Guys no matter what i do i cnt get the stop locks on!! i go full reverse as soon as i started fsx, then up threw at least 50% but my props are still twisted, i even gone step by step threw the manual and the yube video posted by a memeber on here?????? She sure is a tough bird to fly!!
think u have to select shut down engines first b4 u can select the start locks in place, puch the stop engine first than once the engines is below 50 rpm than pull ur selected power lever fully aft this will put the stop locks in do this on the other engine than u find both props are in start lock position for engine start

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm proud to say I burned up the engines for the first time, but I managed to get her flying the next time. Those engines really need to be watched.

Guest jjsemperfi

I'm sorry, but I seem to be the only one that cannot remove the Stop Locks. I move the condition levers into beta, and I never hear the FO say "Stop Locks Removed", and I always get a config warning when condition levers are moved forward for TO. Please help. I would really love to start flying this plane at some point.

You have to move the power levers back into beta (F2) not the condition levers.

Yeah, a lot of images (ones that were uploaded rather than site linked) were wiped out with the recent Avsim forum changes. I would like to see them again for future ref. Perhaps Dan can repost them?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest DarkAqua

I've been trying for the past couple of hours to engage the stop locks, still not working.Once i shut down one of the engines i'm waiting till the RPM drops to 50% then pulling the thrust lever all the way aft. I'm not sure how long it should be left in the aft postion but i've tried leaving it fully aft for 20 seconds and more. I take a quick glance at the propeller and see it is in the correct configuration. Once im happy things look good i press F1 then start the engine again then watch as it blows up every time. What am i not doing. I've even tried using the unfeather switch while the thrust lever is fully aft and also for a second time after i press F1 but it still doesnt work for me.

Disregard this post anyone who saw it. Accidently replied to something very old. Sorry. Please delete if anyone wants to. I used the editor to issue this apology.

I've been trying for the past couple of hours to engage the stop locks, still not working.Once i shut down one of the engines i'm waiting till the RPM drops to 50% then pulling the thrust lever all the way aft. I'm not sure how long it should be left in the aft postion but i've tried leaving it fully aft for 20 seconds and more. I take a quick glance at the propeller and see it is in the correct configuration. Once im happy things look good i press F1 then start the engine again then watch as it blows up every time. What am i not doing. I've even tried using the unfeather switch while the thrust lever is fully aft and also for a second time after i press F1 but it still doesnt work for me.
When you turn the engines off, use f2 to put them in reverse, this will put your props on the start locks.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Guest DarkAqua

i've just spent another hour using the F2 whch does place it in full reverse but it still doesn't seem to be helping. the engines still burn out on re-start. My Condition leavers are left in the Taxi position and i'm using the Shutdown button on the overhead panel. Is there somthing i should be doing with the Condition leaver prior to shutdonw, i really can't figure out why i'm unable to perform a simple shutdown restart as laid out in this thread.

"After hitting the STOP buttons, wait for RPMs to drop below 50%, then pull your power levers all the way back into beta." When RPMs will drop below 10% hit F1, this will engage start locks.

Guest DarkAqua

hi,i have done exactly as you said. Pull back using F2 to full reverse as the RPM drops below 50% then press F1 when it gets to 10% but still causes the engine to blow up on restart. I can only imagine that either i need to have my condition lever set different thrught this process or i need to use the feather pump at some stage . any advice would be appreciated. This is getting somewhat frustrating as i'm obviously missing somthing here.

Michael, and how long do You wait before attempt to startup again? The EGT MUST drop below 200 degrees, in other case engine will blow up.

Guest DarkAqua

Yaaaaaay, i was attempting to restart within about 20 - 30 secinds of shutting down. I was trying to practice startup / shutdown and restarts. i didnt realise i had to wait for the temp to drop below 200. I waited this time and it started up without destroying the engine.Thanks Grzegorz for your patience in helping me. Now i can prgress with the tutorial. I still havn't got this bird of the ground which i won't attempt untill i become proficent at understanding how everything works.