Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

NTDLL.DLL ?

For some reason my FS9 start crashing with the NTDLL.Dll error. I rebuilt the fs9.cfg, replced the fs9.exe, fsuipc dll. From searching the net info says reinstalling windows solve the problem, but nothing else is having problem except fs9. When I run FSX I don't get the fault, so I'm wondering if it's just fs9 related. Any suggestions???WinXp pro SP3FS9.14 gig Cosair XMS Mem8800 GTX Vid cardIntel Q9550 quadCreative Audigy sound cardAsus P5n72-T- Premiun MB500 GB HD in raid 0Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

For some reason my FS9 start crashing with the NTDLL.Dll error. I rebuilt the fs9.cfg, replced the fs9.exe, fsuipc dll. From searching the net info says reinstalling windows solve the problem, but nothing else is having problem except fs9. When I run FSX I don't get the fault, so I'm wondering if it's just fs9 related. Any suggestions???WinXp pro SP3FS9.14 gig Cosair XMS Mem8800 GTX Vid cardIntel Q9550 quadCreative Audigy sound cardAsus P5n72-T- Premiun MB500 GB HD in raid 0Bill M
NTDLL.DLL errors are almost always caused by 3rd party software. And obviously since FS9 is the only thing causing this problem, it is almost 100% to do with one of your FS9 addons.To test. Go to your scenery.cfg file and remove all of your 3rd party scenery from the file (obviously save the original scenery.cfg to scenery.bak) and load FS9. If you are still getting the issue, move all of your 3rd party aircraft to a temporary directory and load FS9. Its either going to be a scenery or aircraft issue.Or, if you know when the last time was that FS9 loaded properly and what changes you made to either FS9 or Windows, you will find your culprit.Worse case scenerio, do a system restore back to a time when you did not have these issues.These are simply basic FS troubleshooting skills that you should be familiar with.

Ntdll.dll is the 'core' to Windows. Almost anything that runs in Windows uses one or more functions contained within this DLL.If it's crashing, you have an addon that's misbehaving in one fashion or another.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The information below was given to me in a very recent topic of mine, about the Wilco A380, which helped me as one texture, SIA, gave a lot of CTD's.I switched on REFLECTIONS, the RENDER TO TEXTURE was all ready ticked on.I do not get a CTD on starting with SIA which I have previously had.ntdll.dll failuresThis one is rather intriguing, because ntdll.dll is not a Flight Simulator file but one belonging to Windows itself. It seems to crop up for a number of reasons.It can happen when loading an aircraft with reflective textures. You must have RENDER TO TEXTURE in Settings > Display > Hardware turned on, or REFLECTIONS in Settings > Display > Aircraft turned on. Without one of these, this problem will recur with specific aircraft.This can also occur with AI aircraft with reflections, when the aircraft loads in Flight Simulator some distance before you are likely to see it."Render to texture" is hardware-generated reflections for DirectX graphics.Software crashes credited to ntdll.dll may also relate to multiple AFCAD files with differing co-ordinates - see ai_playr.dll comments. I also encountered this error once with an incompletely created AFD file - it was configured for AI traffic parking but the only runway was closed. Worth checking.

ntdll.dll failuresThis one is rather intriguing, because ntdll.dll is not a Flight Simulator file but one belonging to Windows itself. It seems to crop up for a number of reasons.It can happen when loading an aircraft with reflective textures. You must have RENDER TO TEXTURE in Settings > Display > Hardware turned on, or REFLECTIONS in Settings > Display > Aircraft turned on. Without one of these, this problem will recur with specific aircraft.This can also occur with AI aircraft with reflections, when the aircraft loads in Flight Simulator some distance before you are likely to see it."Render to texture" is hardware-generated reflections for DirectX graphics.Software crashes credited to ntdll.dll may also relate to multiple AFCAD files with differing co-ordinates - see ai_playr.dll comments. I also encountered this error once with an incompletely created AFD file - it was configured for AI traffic parking but the only runway was closed. Worth checking.
It is generally considered polite to refer to sources of information when copying them word for word:http://www.adventure-unlimited.org/faultfinding.phpThank you.John Hinson

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Hey thaks for all your suggestions. I tried the restore where I knew all was fine, I removed scenery cfg. The crazy thing is nothings change on sim for about month and I was flying the same AC using same scenery with no issues. Then all of a sudden, after about 5 mins after TO, crash with error.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hi Guys,

I had this NTDLL.dll problem in my FS9 as well and after intensive searching I found my native "OB9AFRI0.bgl" in the main AFRI/scenery folder was missing all of it's MDL entries. How and when this could have happened I have no idea but after replacing it with the original from the CD the problem was solved.

Hope this helps some of you.

Hans

Hi there again,

After reading back my own post above I believe that some of you with the same "NTDLL.dll" crash problem would want to know how I found my corrupted FS9 file.

Yes, it was rather a tedious business (for me) but the first thing to do is to create a flight starting at or very near the position where your crash occurs. Slew upwards in external view to more or less the altitude at which your crash occurs and save the flight. You now have an efficient initial starting point for testing.

Now the trial and error tedious part:

Assuming that you, like me, have many hundreds of addon sceneries, de-activate the first 40 or so scenery entries in your scenery library and shut FS9 down. Restart FS9, then your test flight and pan around. If the crash occurs then shut down (you don't really have any other options), restart FS9, open your scenery library, re-activate the previously de-activated scenery entries and de-activate the next 40 or so. Shut FS9 down, restart and then restart your test flight, etc.

Keep repeating this process until your crash no longer occurs. Refinement of the de-/re-activation process is now necessary until you find the offending scenery entry. In my case this turned out to be a native non addon FS9 file in the "AFRI" folder.

It could therefore be a good idea to begin at the bottom of your scenery library where the non addon sceneries are listed, instead of at the top because these are the most likely to contain the kinds of unpredictable errors which, when passed on through FS9.exe, will even upset the NTDLL.dll module in Windows itself.

I have no experience with FSX but I assume that the same trial and error process will work there as well.

Good luck

Hans