Sign in to follow this  
C09G

747 how to peform touch&go settings on the fmc

I want to do touch&go ,but I don't know how to set the FMC to keep landing at the same runway.Do I just go to APP, and runway and it well input my miss approach and that is already my configuration?-Vincent

Guest CX355
I want to do touch&go ,but I don't know how to set the FMC to keep landing at the same runway.Do I just go to APP, and runway and it well input my miss approach and that is already my configuration?-Vincent
Vincent, Why use FMC for this training excercise.......I am somewhat confused, fly the pattern, use plates for missed approach practice, I would do it all by hand for additional training. If you wish you can just use autopilot once back in the air. Vincent

Pick a runway, memorize V speeds, draw a dme fix around the airport and follow it, keep spoilers unarmed and reconfigure flaps/trim after each bounce. That's all you need to do.

I tried something similar to this recently in the B738...I programmed a positioning flight into the FMS and did a few touch and goes at the departure airport for landing practice, setting up a DME fix as suggested here... 2 touch and goes, then off to EDDG...Certainly didn't use the FMS for the touch andgoes, just for the initial flight programming and weights and so on...There is a video on youtube of this, back in the 90s... I think at Sacramento...

Andrew

Guest jumbojock

We do these in the sim every 6 months or so. From your post, I'm assuming that you want to do multiple approaches at an airport with a touch and go in between. Well, for every approach, you get the other pilot first to get the updated weather, then get them to go heads down and in the FMC start with ARR/DEP, selecting the desired runway and approach. It's an idea to be in HDG SEL and ALT modes at this stage.Once that's selected, the press LEGS and check the points and altitudes against the approach plate to make sure they tally.Now select NAV RAD and make sure the aids for the approach are selected. They will auto-tune and I can't comment on other airlines but my one makes us hard-tune the navaids except for the ILS.Now go back to the INIT REF button and select the Approach page making sure that you have a valid Vref selected.You can now brief the approach but, as included in a previous post, make sure that Autobrakes are selected OFF and Speedbrakes are not armed. On the touch and go, once the nosewheel is down, stand the thrust levers up, select Flaps 20, set an appropriate amount of trim, make sure the speedbrakes are retracted and expect the TO CONFIG horn to blare at you until the flaps are at 20. When configured, advance the thrust levers to "an appropriate setting" and there you go.All the bestDavid Robertson

Guest doverglenn

If you want to do touch and go's from the same airport you departed just enter the same airport as the Departure and Arrival airport in the FMC, activate with no route entered. In the APP/DEP page select the approach then use INIT/REF to set V ref. Use the A/P heading, altitude, and Authrottle to bring you to your IAP, then fly the approach. After the touch and go-go back to the APP/DEP page and start over.Glenn Miller