Sign in to follow this  
Guest DigiFlight

Redrawing The Land/Water Boundary

Guest DigiFlight

Hi,I created a custom terrain of y town using satellite photos. It looks nice, but the boundary between the land and the water doesn't fit the FSX's default scenery. Now and then a wave pops up in the middle of the town. :) I would like to know what tool I should use to redraw the boundary.Thanks for any help.

Unless you are using a blendmask or watermask channel with your photo I don't think you should be see any water effects. But at any rate, you can remove terrain using SBuilderX 3.13 or ADE9x 1.45.What you do is create a polygon with its properties set to exclude of shorelines or water bodies and place this polygon so it overlaps the area of the lines or polygons you want to remove. It doesn't need to be exact. You could, for example, make it the same size as the outline of your photo.There's no way to restrict removing the terrain from just your project area. Typically, the default terrain vectors end at the edge of a QMID11 square. When you exclude the default vectors, you might need to recreate new vectors to complete the area from the edge of your project to the edge of the QMID11 boundary outside of your project. If you use SBuilderX, you can display the QMID11 grid over your photo to assist in this task. You can use the SDK TMFViewer tool to load the default terrain vector file for the project area, and take a screen shot which you can use as a background in either program to assist in restoring the terrain vectors in the region outside of your photo.scott s..

Guest DigiFlight

I just downloaded those tools and I will play with them for a while to be acquainted.Thank you for replying.