Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest SJHROBERTSON

AIRBUS COLLECTORS EDITION ADD-ON

Guest SJHROBERTSON

I run FSX on Windows Home Premium. I can perform take-offs, managed flights and instrument landings.However, (isn't there always a "however")I recently added AIRBUS COLLECTORS EDITION (Abacus software, 2008 edition). The package provides a flight management computer (FMC). I can perform take-offs, fly programmed routes, etc, but I cannot perform instrument landings. Whether using the FMC or the regular autopilot, I can neither localise nor establish on a glideslope for an instrument landing. It seems to me that the aircraft is not receiving any vertical guidance during landings. All radio settings are correct. I have tried just about every conceivable combiation of buttons both on thr FMC and on the regular autopilot.Can anyone help?STEWART

Are you selecting and executing into the FMC the runway you will land on at your destination? That should autotune the aircraft to the ILS frequency. This is normally done on the DEP/ARR page of the FMC. I'm not familiar with the ABACUS add-on but that's how I do it with the Wilco/Feelthere one I believe (havent flown any airbii for a while).

Carl Hudson

Intel i3 550 @ 4.20GHZ on Air with Arctic Freezer Pro 7 / Arctic Silver 5 - 4Gb Corsair XMS 3 - GIgabyte H55M-UD2H Motherboard - Asus GeForce GTX280OC 1Gb