Sign in to follow this  
crashmax

New i7 950 for FSX arrived..

You are correct, I mistyped. So QPI=1.5V and DRAM=1.65V sits within the rules as far as I can see. Reassuringly (I think) the Asus bios shows the QPI value in yellow rather than red. When you get to red, it's over the limit (assuming the limits are correct).Simon
I like ASUS for that voltage color... Over the years I had over 20 different boards from this vendor. Before I bought the P6T7 WS I had the ASUS Rampage II Extreme and guess what, with RIIE you can set your voltage higher than with P6T7 before the digits becomes yellow/magenta or red :( I think all settings below red are save for overclocking. In some case you can go into the red zone, but do it on your own risk :(

Who cares about settings lol? I would like to see some in-game screenshots with payware and AI traffic baby!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Who cares about settings lol? I would like to see some in-game screenshots with payware and AI traffic baby!
I know, we all hate this two words, but in game movies "coming soon..." Big%20Grin.gif

Nice video crashmax! Did we not configure for take-off(just curious about the annoying alarm and flashing button)? :(Also did I see a little stuttering as you were turning back towards JFK?

Yep, not configured correctly (just bought this brand new plane) for take-off and also not configured V-Sync. Will correct both and take a new video with better quality.Did you really see stuttering :(

Yep, not configured correctly (just bought this brand new plane) for take-off and also not configured V-Sync. Will correct both and take a new video with better quality.Did you really see stuttering :(
No stutter just screen tearing due to vsync being off. Looked great otherwise!

Jim Wenham

No stutter just screen tearing due to vsync being off. Looked great otherwise!
Thank you!Unfortunately I'm flying only in window mode, so vsync won't work. :(

I really enjoyed watching your videoThat is the sort of payware and settings I would love to run. Another year with overclocking and we'll be able to run anything with high settings across the board.Thank you for your time

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4.6?????? I just ordered a new i7 950 rig yesterday!!!!! :(

4.6?????? I just ordered a new i7 950 rig yesterday!!!!! :(
Welcome to the club :( It's a great Chip! Hope you also have luck with your CPU.

Thanks crashmax, It will be here wendesday!! I had the guys put on a water cooler as well.i7 950bfg gtx 285 oc6gb ocz i7 tripple channel ram CL7p6t v2 moboshould humm along pretty good eh? I cant wait! I will post some results next week!

Thanks crashmax, It will be here wendesday!! I had the guys put on a water cooler as well.i7 950bfg gtx 285 oc6gb ocz i7 tripple channel ram CL7p6t v2 moboshould humm along pretty good eh? I cant wait! I will post some results next week!
Great Hardware! Do you have the 2000MHz OCZ Blade?Have installed new ASUS GTX-285 Matrix. Will see how it run FSX. Perheaps a bit better than my old GTX-280. Have to sell two GTX-280 for the Matrix Big%20Grin.gifWaiting for your result... :(