Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogmouse

FS9 TSS SOUNDPACKS INTO FSX?

Guest dogmouse

Has anyone found a way to get the TSS soundpacks for FS9 working in FSX as well? If so, can you please help me?Specifically, I would like to try to get the DC-9 JT8D engine pack from them to work for the MD-80 in FSX.Best,~dog

Guest dogmouse

ehh....i'll figure it out. im going to get the sound pack, and I'll let you know if i was successful getting to work in fsx.~dog

Has anyone found a way to get the TSS soundpacks for FS9 working in FSX as well? If so, can you please help me?Specifically, I would like to try to get the DC-9 JT8D engine pack from them to work for the MD-80 in FSX.Best,~dog
They all work fine for me!

Have not flown FSX in a while but I don't remember having any trouble importing sound from FS9. I think I may even have some sound from FS2002.I love TSS' products but I am wondering why the have separate files for FSX and FS9. Is there something special about the FSX products?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Have not flown FSX in a while but I don't remember having any trouble importing sound from FS9. I think I may even have some sound from FS2002.I love TSS' products but I am wondering why the have separate files for FSX and FS9. Is there something special about the FSX products?
One key difference are the soundcones in FSX that present varying pitches and volumes as the aircraft travels by your view or as you pan around the aircraft. There are several previews on the TSS website that give you a sample of how this works. I think you will also have a few opportunities there to sample both FS9 and FSX sound files or compare the two versions if you still have both loaded on your computer.

Keith Guillory

All FS9 TSS sound will work fine in FSX. The only thing is that you will not have that stereo sound that native FSX sound sets have. I use some FS9 TSS sound sets in FSX when the native FSX set is not yet available without any problem and they all still sound great.

Guest dogmouse

Right! Thanks everyone.You're all correct. The FS9 sound packs work in FSX!~dog