Sign in to follow this  
clipper759

Brand New CD Version 1.1 CTD

Pruchased and installed PMDG 744 CD version (1.1) from PC Aviator. Install is apparently normal, including validation. I reboot the computer as instructed, run FS9 and the Boeing-PMDG 744 is available for selection. I select the model and load it. The 2D panel appears with blank screens and a dialog about AIRAC data runs and appears to complete. A moment later the screen goes black for about 10-20 seconds and the sim Crashes to Desktop. It faults the FS9.exe and "unknown" module. I have run the repair function off the CD and done a complete removal (via windows control panel) and reinstall. Same failure. All other aircraft ( Level D 767, Dreamfleet 727, all default A/C) load and run normally.System: HP Pavilion, XP SP3, AMD Athlon 64x2 @2.61Ghz, 4MB RAM, EVGA 9800GT 512MB (190.38 drivers), Creative Audigy4 Sound card, FS 9.1, Registered FSUIPC 3.90What am I doing wrong?

Lee Adams

JAFO

OK.I emailed support@precisionmanuals.com. Should'nt I get at least an automated aknowledgement of the email, or is it all done in person?The more I read on this the more I think this is security locking me out even though it gives no such indication.Any thoughts at all would be appreciated.

Lee Adams

JAFO

If you didn't get an automatic response then they didn't get your email. Some people have to get a free email account at google mail, which seems to work with their spam filter.I am not familiar with any of the CD packaged installers, I didn't even know they were available anyplace else but Aerosoft. Usually, the marketer will provide support for their CD version as far as installation goes.Just thowing ideas at you.

Dan Downs KCRP

Go to aerosoft.com and register your product under the Patches/FAQ heading on the lower left using your CD key. The FAQ will have links to any patches. You can also go to Aerosoft's Aircraft forums (link on the same page) and search and post if you find nothing. Aerosoft is the publisher of the CD package.

OK. I registered at aerosoft.com. I also forwarded my email explaining the problem to support@aerosoft.de I'm searching the aerosoft forums but can seem to find anything relating to installation of the FS9 version yet.So the precisionmanuals support people can't help me? Is that correct?

Lee Adams

JAFO

Randy, I would expect you to hear from PMDG but let us know who responds first.I've re-read your original post and it sounds like an authenication problem to me too.Did you follow Ron's suggestion to check for patches? You can be assured that he knows about the things he will comment on, unlike me ;)

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Ron and Dan.Found version 1.2 patch on precisionmanuals.com. I ran it and discovered my installation lacked a C++ update (VS2008 redistributable). It installed this for me and I am up and running.I'm an idiot. I should know better than to think just because it's a CD version it's complete.Thanks again for you help guys.

Lee Adams

JAFO