Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

J41 Sounds

I believe that we will find out for ourselves soon.It was said in another thread there will be no video as the release is so soon. I too am curious, however I have complete confidence the sounds along w/everything else will be outstanding.Just my 2c

Robin, they sound great to me.Now that said, not only do I have bad hearing loss in both ears, I've also never heard a J41 in person. So basically I'm not the person you want an answer from about the sounds. :(

neeeeeeeeeeooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! thats the fly by sound! :( I'm sure they will live up to the pmdg reputation!

Robin,You'll be blown away by the startup sounds. I took out my iPhone Stopwatch app the other day while performing engine start, and the spool up from start button pressed to stable idle at 72% RPM is 36 seconds...turbine whine, prop speed buildup, it's all there.All of the alarms and bells and whistles and switch clicks were recorded from the cockpit of the real thing -- including the sound that ought to give any J41 pilot the heebie-jeebies: the stick shaker.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Thanks Yoda.I am assuming the stick shaker test you were referring to..lol.I am really excited about a turboprop that is realistically modeled in FS. This sounds like just what the doc ordered. (pun not intended)

thats great! I go to vancouver airport all the time and can't get enough of listening to planes of all types spool up! to me a high quality sound set really adds to the emersion of the sim experience! Does the js41 have an apu? and if so is the sound modeled?

well how cool is that!! I figured the 41 was a little small to need an apu but the gpu having it's own sounds is great!! im sure when the subwoofer is going to humm pretty good when it goes balls to the wall eh? Thank you chaos81!

Awesome!!!Can someone do a "proper" start-up video please?There is a start-up here, but for some reason prop RPM surges. After reading about all the work you put into this, I don't think this video is representitive.

Compare to these cockpit start-up videos:
You'll be blown away by the startup sounds. I took out my iPhone Stopwatch app the other day while performing engine start, and the spool up from start button pressed to stable idle at 72% RPM is 36 seconds...turbine whine, prop speed buildup, it's all there.All of the alarms and bells and whistles and switch clicks were recorded from the cockpit of the real thing -- including the sound that ought to give any J41 pilot the heebie-jeebies: the stick shaker.
Excellent!!Best regards,Robin.

Robin,A real plane video has been disected to within split seconds (and I mean split seconds for example for EGT rise) to acquire very precise data for the model. Subsequently since no engine starts like another (or even compared to itself again and again) lalter data have been subjected to a randomisation model for various parameters.I see you post many many questions here and there (including sort of firm opinions based on what knowledge exactly ??) in genuine FS forum resident manner, before you even got the sim. To all :Most stuff on this airplane (I leave a door open here in order not to commit hubris) is more than the average FS user can digest in quite a while. Fortunately, the plane is fascinating and hugely enjoyable by construction whether you take advantage of 10, 20 or 99 percent of what is modelled.Lets see which of you guys will perform a proper take off and acceleration including all procedures items in the shortest time. And I mean proper (altitudes, speeds, EGT settings etc etc...)We then talk about more advanced stuff.Vangelis

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================