Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Realism - a "heads up"

As anyone who read my Tips and Tricks series knows, I am always on the lookout for addons which bring a sense of "realism" to the FS experience.In case you missed it, my good friend Dave Westbury has recently released his FSChatter Live program - available at Flightsim.com - filename is fscl163.zip.Dave's Chatter program was quite good before but this new release allows you to hear live chatter from airports around the world in the cockpit of your favorite aircraft or without FS running at all.I have been experimenting with it for a couple of weeks now and have been very pleased. It works in both FSX and FS2004.Hope you will consider audtioning it also. :(

I can't think of any more realism than 'Radar Contact' David. I have enjoyed using it for years and to me, it's better than an 'on-line' experience.

Dave Taylor gb.png

As anyone who read my Tips and Tricks series knows, I am always on the lookout for addons which bring a sense of "realism" to the FS experience.In case you missed it, my good friend Dave Westbury has recently released his FSChatter Live program - available at Flightsim.com - filename is fscl163.zip.Dave's Chatter program was quite good before but this new release allows you to hear live chatter from airports around the world in the cockpit of your favorite aircraft or without FS running at all.I have been experimenting with it for a couple of weeks now and have been very pleased. It works in both FSX and FS2004.Hope you will consider audtioning it also. :(
Hmmm,...advertising for a shareware addon are we? :( ......Thanks,....but no thanks. :(

Staffan

it's better than an 'on-line' experience
Sure Dave, I have full respect for you view and have no doubts when you say so, it is so (for you).But I can't resist to say I have a different opinion (and it has absolutely nothing to do with any criticism of 'RC').Let me say it briefly: As far as the flightsim (no matter how cool) will never be better than real world flying experience, no artificial ATC software will ever be better than live controllers. Have you tried VATSIM, Dave? :(

Hmmm,...advertising for a shareware addon are we? :( ......Thanks,....but no thanks. :(
Staffan,David Marshall has helped no end of people, enhance their flightsim experience and its people like him that are the faithful hardcore of this fraternity. I think you are wrong to attack him merely because, like many others do on here, he is bringing your attention to a product that he endorses as good. He has helped me in the past and will stick with you to solve any flightsim problem you may have.Not many do that.You have the option to try it, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it do you.Would you equally critisize me, if I was to come here and tell you how good I reckon the A320 that Airsimmer are about to release is? :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

Staffan,One of my reasons for frequenting these forums is to find what other simmers thing of the various software packages on offer, whether freeware, shareware, or commercial, and many of my software buying decisions have been strongly influenced by opinions and recommendations offered by other users. I see (and welcome) many posts recommending ASA, REX, the Real Air Duke, Radar Contact, etc., and no one ever seems to accuse the posters of advertising. Consequently, I can't understand what you find objectionable about David's contribution.Dugald

Hey Opa, I've downloaded it and I'm going to give it a try. I've tried something similar in the past and did like it. What I ended up doing with the other version was using the links to listen to the conversations at work! So I'd be coding away while tuned into KLAX :)By the way, I agree with part of Staffan's comments...you certainly have helped my "no end" out!!!Mark

Would you equally critisize me, if I was to come here and tell you how good I reckon the A320 that Airsimmer are about to release is? :(
Hi,Ofcourse I wouldn

Staffan

Hi,BTW, who knows how the Airsimmers final product will be? :(
Staffan,It is imminent, any time now. They have allowed even extra beta testers to download the finished product just to get an idea of how it will run on different machines.What is more important though, is the fact that it will be the finished product with no updates reqd. Very refreshing eh? :)Have a nice day mate and get your money ready, this one is going to be awesome :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest belga1

Hello,

What is more important though, is the fact that it will be the finished product with no updates reqd.
That's indeed a important statement .. and this callout two comments:For be true1 The product is perfect and not perfectible .. and it's amazing as no updates ever required.2 The product will have bugs and will never be updated .. and it's less amazing for the customers.26253307.gifRegards.bye.gifGus.

Hello,That's indeed a important statement .. and this callout two comments:For be true1 The product is perfect and not perfectible .. and it's amazing as no updates ever required.2 The product will have bugs and will never be updated .. and it's less amazing for the customers.26253307.gifRegards.bye.gifGus.
Agreed...can't wait to see which it is! :(

I am quite bewildered by the responses to my simple, personal recommendation of a program I thought might be of interest to others.For the record I am not and never have been an "adminstrator" in the true sense of the word. For approx. a year I was one of the volunteer library managers whose duties included reviewing uploaded file content to be sure they met Avsim requirements prior to being added to the library.I resigned that position a little over a month ago due to time and health issues.I am well aware of the Radar Contact and Vatsim. Many simmers, for what ever reason, chose not to become involved with Vatsim or not to use RC - that is a personal decision. For some, a program like FSChatter Live adds a sense of realism which is sufficient for their needs.The word Shareware seems to be of concern - would it have been more acceptable if I had been waxing eloquent over a Donationware or Payware offerring?Hopefully this "discussion" will die a natural death and we all can get on with helping each other.

Thanks for the "heads up" I often sim with streaming ATC in the background (from liveatc.net) so this will be a great little addition.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Nice thing, but 10$...why, for what? For something that you already have for free, LiveATC, winamp...combination...maybe...