Sign in to follow this  
Guest checkone

F-18 Mission intercept help

Guest checkone

Hi, I tried the mission which on the Acceleration pack that we take off on a Carrier and I have to internept a Cessna Caravan when Nasa gonna launch a shuttle I think. I found the Cessna and my mission was to intercepted it before the time run down. But how do you intercept it? I have to push a button when I am close to him or I have to fly into the plane? I have try everything and I don't how.If some one have done this mission, could you give me some helps please. Thanks. :(

First, you need to make the intercept as quickly as possible; otherwise not long after the Caravan makes it over the Kennedy Space Center, he begins his "Grand Tour" i.e. a series turns... For me, once it began, I was never able to complete the intercept.Second, and this I found quite difficult, was to make the intercept slightly to the left, above, and in front of the Caravan. At that point waggle or rock your wings several times, and if you were successful, you should hear Flight Lead (if I remember correctly) instruct you to proceed to the Shuttle Landing Facility. The Caravan will follow and land there...Fwiw, at that point I would execute a low approach to Rwy 33 and at mid-field circle back to watch the Caravan land, then land myself and roll up to the Caravan. Then you can switch views and watch the rocket launch from the southern launch pad.

Great Ozzie is correct, you need to get down and find that Caravan ASAP. Once you have him in sight, you should approach him from behind and to his (and your) left. He will most likely be flying around 220 mph (190 kts) at ~1500-2000 ft so you will need to slow to that speed/height to match him. Once you are behind him, to the left, and flying a matched speed, slowly add a little throttle and just slightly overtake him. As soon as you are in front of his windshield, bank your wings at least 45 degrees left and right several times until Guardian 1 tells you that you have his attention and to perform a touch and go. Pause the sim, and SAVE. Follow Ozzie's instructions, however understand that my mission made me return to 10,000 ft on patrol before it was successful. Also, if for some reason the mission will sometimes fail you once you have the Caravan's attention if he accidentally flies directly over the missile launch's location. That is why you should save before landing. If that happens, make your approach to the runway a standard left-hand pattern.Good luck,Wookie

Guest checkone

Thanks you both for your helps. I will try it and let you know later!That was not easy to do.....